TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 94 4.6 lx. since i got the car i have been modding it . i got ud pullys then kn panel filter filter then the j mod +l maf and i got the car it was great. now i just got a crome intake tube fom a diffrent car but it fits good and a cone kn filter. then i got the 2 cats cut off and had a custom true dual 2 chamber flos put on and my car isnt any faster then when i got the comp done. do u think i need my comp reprogrammed again? any help or any more mods that i can do would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
you might have killed some low end torque with the true dual setup. these bolt ons arent going to do much to wake up the car. im sure it is a little faster than it was before, but im not suprised that you havent noticed a huge difference.

IMHO, do exhaust on a stock car for the sound, not the performance.

the intake tube might have free'd up some horsepower, but will mostly improve your throttle responce.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Are you SURE you're....

Rino said:
hey i have a 94 4.6 lx. since i got the car i have been modding it . i got ud pullys then kn panel filter filter then the j mod +l maf and i got the car it was great. now i just got a crome intake tube fom a diffrent car but it fits good and a cone kn filter. then i got the 2 cats cut off and had a custom true dual 2 chamber flos put on and my car isnt any faster then when i got the comp done. do u think i need my comp reprogrammed again? any help or any more mods that i can do would be appreciated.
no faster? Have you quarter miled or dyno'd your 'Bird since
you did all those mods? Whose chip are you using?

Remember one thing though, assuming you're running stock heads -
you're a victim of a pretty restrictive design (at least stock)
and my best GUESS is the MAX you might expect from what you've
done is maybe a 15-20rwhp increase which is not going to make
a BIG difference in performance on our heavy cars....other
opinions?

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you want a noticeable improvement, then get some 3.73 gears, and get your chip reburned. It's cheap, and you'll notice improvements on your 1/4 times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts