TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would post pics, but I'm writing this from an iPhone and haven't figured it out yet. The issue I'm having is with my Cobra R hood with the two scoops. The guy I bought it from said he was driving in light rain, and too much moisture got on his coil packs and ruined one. Is this a normal concern for these hoods? If so, how can I fix this problem? '95 T-Bird 4.6L.:confused:

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
A couple of things;

1: you should be able to get the coils wet without any water getting into the coils at all. The vehicle's engine harness has a weather pack connector, and the plug wire boots should fit very snug.

2: the only way I could imagine a coil getting shorted if both the weather pack and the wire boots are sealing right would be if water made its way into the spark plug tubes in the heads.

3: you could make removable block off plates to cover the front and rear vents in the rain to prevent the problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have newer plugs and wires, so I'll trust you and not worry about it! Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I was worried about this too. Is this the hood from SCP?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
You might also check the weatherstrip at the wiper cowl to make sure it seals with the hood, mine didn't and water would run down the drivers side of the engine and fill all four spark plugs with water, that's another possibility with those hoods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts