TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another home improvement project! Some of you know that I'm currently working on my front / guest bathroom. When that is done I'm going to be diving straight into my son's bedroom. Part of the project for my son's room will also include one of my hallway closets as it's immediately adjacent his room. There are two reasons for this with one of them being that the upper half of this closet will be used as my "server closet" where I plan on installing a 10U (maybe smaller, maybe larger, IDK yet) rack to hold things like my ISP modem, 24 port switch, router, DVR system, 1U power strip, KB / Mouse.....and monitor?

What I'd like to find out is if there are any 1U or 2U plates out there that have integrated VESA support in order to mount a monitor onto. I'm thinking something like a blank plate but with integrated VESA holes to allow monitor installation. Basically, something like THIS but with the mounting holes having VESA mount. There's THIS thing, which is almost what I'm looking for, but it's a bit overkill still. Ideally, I'd like for whatever solution to have an arm or something where the monitor, keyboard, and mouse are height adjustable so that my wife could take a peek if she wanted to as this rack will be mounted fairly high.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Keep in mind the heat those things produce - especially in a small closet with no ventilation. Ideally, they should be in the "conditioned" space.

Al

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that is already in the plans. I'm going to be building it out with two 90mm (possibly 120mm) exhaust fans plumbed going into the attic. This closet will be properly built out when it's all said and done.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And this company also has this one that pivots!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts