TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easily the most depressing July 4th in a while...nothing but rain. This creek bed in my mom's backyard is usually about 8 feet deep.

Current was probably about 25 knots. Definitely not safe for small children. Saw at least one big log come down with the current.

·
Administrator
8,005 Posts
Reminds me of all the rain that hit the Northeast last month! :eek:

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
Easily the most depressing July 4th in a while...nothing but rain. This creek bed in my mom's backyard is usually about 8 inches deep.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr211/markclark351/Rain_zps205febc4.jpg

Current was probably about 25 knots. Definitely not safe for small children. Saw at least one big log come down with the current.
Fixed it for you. :rolleyes: :tongue:

But yea, we haven't had rain like this in about ten years! My yard is soaked. The grass is dying from drowning and brown patch (a fungal disease caused by all the moisture).

It's rained every day, some times twice a day, for the past two weeks and counting!

I cleaned the gutters during an intermission in the rain today. I need to mow the lawn but I can't get to it until it dries out at least half a day! It's really frustrating. :mad:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
13 days straight of rain and storms till the 4th :rolleyes: jet stream needs to slide east. All this moisture from the south is to much.

·
Super Moderator
10,371 Posts
The whole weekend was shot here; it got sunny for ~10 minutes last night as the sun was going down, lol.

Totally beautiful today, dangit!

In the 70's I remember we had rain every day for forty days and nights; LOTS of jokes about building Arks... :)

The Cat officially hates rain now, and thinks it's all my fault, lol.

:D

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
LOL

Well, we had another one roll through about midnight last night. The thunder woke me up. We had one or two strikes VERY close to the house before it rolled out about 1 AM. I rolled over and went back to sleep. :tongue:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lest we forget TS Chantal in a few days:

Why can't there be a TS Bubba that just shows up long enough to drink the last couple of beers in the fridge and borrow your channel lock pliers? :)

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
Ah yes, hurricane season ... the pinnacle of monsoon season.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/D1ZYhVpdXbQ?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/D1ZYhVpdXbQ?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both my mom and sister are having trouble with ants inside the house. No issues for me.

All the rain must be pushing up mounds close to their houses.

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
The road that runs in front of our community is closed about a mile and a half from here because of a sink hole AND a washout. It's suppose to be closed for the next month while they make repairs.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would hate to be the poor soul that disappears into the abyss after flushing the toilet. :)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ill take the rain, i havent run the sprinklers in almost 3 weeks and the grass is filled in, thus my HOA stays off my back!

when it rains, the temps stabilize and my AC doesnt run as often....and my power bill stays low :D

Although, beach days on my time off have been significantly truncated.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I swear guys this rain is getting to be to much, 52 years old here and in my life I have never seen it rain so much, Spoke to my farther in-law this Am and in his 85 years he has not seen this much. I thought that the rainbow was a promise to not flood the world again !

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
I swear guys this rain is getting to be to much, 52 years old here and in my life I have never seen it rain so much, Spoke to my farther in-law this Am and in his 85 years he has not seen this much. I thought that the rainbow was a promise to not flood the world again !
LOL

You weren't here in 2003. It rained like this that year also. I think we're on a 10 year monsoon cycle or something ... :zdunno:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Got that right Ron, We were in Philly but I remember mom telling be about it . Very right about the (cycle ) of something !

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah, sweet sunshine for most of the day today. Almost fell out getting the grass, though, in the heat.

I noticed a lot of deep cracks in my asphalt driveway and turnaround today. Guess I will need to patch and seal the asphalt before it gets cold. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts