TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have them, and are they worth the cost?

Where is a good place online to buy them?

And, I assume they just replace the OEM ones without any modification?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having a hard time finding anybody who sells the upper ball joints.

And forgive my newbieness, but are 2 lowers needed for each side? That doesn't make sense. Parts guy said yes, I said "Don't think so.".

Yeah, Moog is the brand I want, and I don't think I need them really, but since we're doing all the suspension work anyways - it's the perfect time to replace the original 150k mile parts.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Kevin said:
Having a hard time finding anybody who sells the upper ball joints.

And forgive my newbieness, but are 2 lowers needed for each side? That doesn't make sense. Parts guy said yes, I said "Don't think so.".

Yeah, Moog is the brand I want, and I don't think I need them really, but since we're doing all the suspension work anyways - it's the perfect time to replace the original 150k mile parts.
the upper balljoint is integral.....the upper arm and balljoint are a package deal...no ifs ands or buts. So, you want the upper control arms..as for the lowers, you can get just the balljoint(one on each side) as they are seperately servicable on the arm, requiring a a press and arm removal. But you can get a complete lower arm with new bushings and balljoint. While you are at it, go ahead and relace the strut rod bushings also, it is the "bar" that goes from the side of the lower arm to the k member. The Rod to arm bushings are about 13$, I use TRW, while the Rod to K member bushing is about 50$ or so. I have Moogs, they are polyurethane.

have fun

joseph

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
RockAuto discount code
You give this discount code: 8231491350 to friends, neighbors, relatives, the
guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.
- When someone places an order at RockAuto and enters your discount code
in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart, he or she will
receive an immediate 5% discount on that order.
- The discount code expires on May 11, 2004; so don't wait!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just relpaced my uppers a few months ago with the MOOG parts. No problems that I can see.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, about Rock Auto, they didn't list the top one for Moog.

Oh well, will stop at an AutoZone or something and pick them up, I don't want to be buying stuff like that over the net anyways.

Will have to get my butt in gear, the car comes out of storage next weekend :ztoohot: !

·
Registered
460 Posts
Carquest's rebadged stuff is Moog. every were else I've seen is TRW, which is what is stock on my car.

There both the same, it's just that the Moog has grese fittings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts