TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.....few months ago i purchased the blue thermoplastic MOOG bushings for the frame side and now i want to change to OEM but noticed that the sleeves are mucho $$$ and the bushings are only around $10 a set (per side)....My question is can i still use the sleeves and washers that came w/ the moog kit on the OEM bushings or will i have to shell out the $40 for sleeves? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
should of bought the oes they are only 55ish and come with everything

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it ~$55 for both sides?.....From what i've seen online you have to purchase the washers, front/rear sleeves, front/rear bushings, and front/rear washers seperately...

P.S....i bought the moog one's over a year ago and before i knew about the headaches w/ thermoplastic some have had....no biggie..

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
its 55 per set, for the front position, i was right btw its 55.60 pn e9sz3a187a . 2 per car , gives everythign needed for the subframe side of the bar . then for the rear(control arm) 2 e9sz3a140b and 2 e9sz3a140a

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just replaced one of my moog strutrod-to-body bushings today(goind back to oem). What I found was kinda scary. The seam of the metal sleeve slipped on itself on one end and ballooned open on the other. Maybe I should post a pic of what I mean. Anyway, since the seam had slipped, it was chewing its way through the washer and chewing up the threads of the strutrod.

My advice is stay away from those metal sleeve that have a seam. And btw, everything looked fine until I took it out.
Perch

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree....Mine did the exact same thing! I ordered some OEM replacements (fronted the $100 for 'em) and replaced the MOOG one's and before i even lowered the car i knew there was improvement because w/ the dual sleeve design of the oem bushings they were on there nice and snug...the moogs i could slide off the strut rod (on one side) . On the other side i had to "unscrew" the sleeve since it ballooned on one end, but luckily it was on a thread so it came out easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts