TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Moog parts that much better to justify the extra $70 - $80?

Specifically LCA's for my LSC:

Moog = $218.58
Mevotech = $133.78 (I've never heard of Mevotech)
Dorman = $133.58
Raybestos = $144.68

Getting ready to do the front sway bar and "while I'm there".... :D

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
The only real advantage of the Moog control arms is that they have grease fittings, so as long as you keep it greased, it won't wear out. If you just want a stock replacement though, any of them will do, it isn't like the LCA is a very complicated part. Just make sure to get the Ford strut rod bushings when you replace the LCAs, as all the others will fail and you'll be doing it again in a couple years.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Get the Moog KB0053/KB0055 LCA's for Thunderbirds from Rockauto. $56.79 ea. and with the 5% discount, they're a steal.

More info HERE.

+1 on only using the Ford strut rod bushings.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's gotta be the arm to frame bushing is different. I did a little research and the ball joints and shock to arm bushings are the same part number between the T'bird and LSC.

RockAuto lists a part number for the 97 T'Bird's arm to frame bushing, but they don't list one for the 97 Mark VIII.

Now I wonder what the differences are. Is the Mark VIII softer for a smoother ride.... or is it harder for better handling.

Allthough the point is moot as I'll be getting the Moog K80053/K80055. :D

Thanks for hooking me up with that information. Next time I'm in NJ I'll have to buy you a beer. :zbeer: :bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts