TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 tbird 170k

i have noticed a lot of wind noise lately...i believe i need some new seals for the moon roof and doors....

anybody ever change the moon roof weather striping/ window seal??
the door seal seams pretty straight forward...

thanks
trent

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
No, but I do know the 97's moonroof weather stripping won't work for you. The moonroof's used for the 97's are one year only. At least on the MN12 anyway, it may of been used on other fords like the late model Mark's as well???

Some years ago the manufacturer gave away the last of their stock for free to whoever called in first requesting them. Their OEM contract prevented them for selling the seals to anyone but Ford and Ford didn't want to purchase the remainder of their stock. Or something along those lines.... so they gave them away to any customers who called to order one.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I called Webasto at (800) 860-7866 just recently and ordered PN S1590-E-5010C-A which is the sunroof seal. I also ordered new lifter arms, PN S1289-W-3000A and S1289-W-3001A. The total was $45 and change.

I put them in this weekend. I pulled the glass which is just 6 screws (put it in the vent position to access them), removed the old seal and cleaned the metal frame real well. I used a silicone type glue on the new seal and put the glass with the new seal in the opening and let it sit for a while to apply pressure while the glue setup. I still have a little adjusting to do, but I think it needs to sit in the opening a bit for the rubber seal to compress a little as it is currently kinda tight and just barely opens and closes.

I got the info from this thread:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=80236

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Re the seals availability, what I said above was specifically about the 97 seal. If Aaron just ordered one then they must still be available for the earlier moonroofs.

From what I recall the 97 seals had to be given away because ford wouldn't buy them and they technically couldn't sell them to anyone else...

As far as manuals go to www.fordcds.com and download the service literature for your model year. It has the moonroof service info in it.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
You must have replied as I edited my post. I thought all the cd's were bit-torrent dl's but it seems they are serving them up again for easier dl'ing. so I deleted the bit-torrent comment from my post. Then I noticed he does call it a moonroof up until asking about manuals for the "sunroof" so I deleted that as well... lol

I'm not sure what to make of "ejection shoot..." that went right over my head???

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
You must have replied as I edited my post. I thought all the cd's were bit-torrent dl's but it seems they are serving them up again for easier dl'ing. so I deleted that from my post. Then I noticed he does call it a moonroof up until asking about manuals for the "sunroof" so deleted that as well... lol

I'm not sure what to make of "ejection shoot..." that went right over my head???
well, I figured if you installed an ejection seat(like james bond), then you already have the opening....n/m....just tryin to be funny.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Tlpru;

Shoot me a PM with your mailing address. I will forward you a copy of the 96 Ford Service Cd for free.

Got too busy this weekend to reply to your PM - sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
No idea, but some people have had trouble getting them to download and open.

I don't see where tlpru said he downloaded it already.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry guys,,...
thanks for all the information....

i do have the manual.....must have missed the moonroof info?....it sounds easy to do now....ill reread my manual....and order a seal....

i thought it was a moonroof....but somany people call it a sunroof....i went the majority....:D

trent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.