TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a factory moonroof and after looking around I found out it's under the trap door over the pack seats. Why I did not look under that to start with IDK.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Can You Adjust It

SO THATIT STAYS FLUSH WITH THE ROOF WHEN SHUT ???? IT HANGS DOWNAND WATER GET IN & WIND NOISE WHEN DRIVING:confused:

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
SO THATIT STAYS FLUSH WITH THE ROOF WHEN SHUT ???? IT HANGS DOWNAND WATER GET IN & WIND NOISE WHEN DRIVING:confused:
Ok, it depends on what sunroof you have. I have an after market unit built by ASC. mine needs a rebuild kit available on ebay that fixes the same problem you seem to have. I'm not sure about the factory units, but i'd suspect there are rebuild kits out there somewhere. I've had a good look at both sunroofs with the head liner out and the factory unit seems a little simpler in its design. A fellow member here in Nevada Chris_Murder successfully re timed his factory moon roof so that it operated correctly, though I don't remember if he had the same issue you do.

Knowing whether or not its factory or after market is important.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My T-Bird came with an aftermarket sunroof (Like above, an ASC one.. So least it's a GOOD one) It used to drop down when ever you shut the door after it went intot he closed position (either way from Vent or Open)
there was like 4 (or 6?) screws that hold the glass part to the mechanism that can be re tightened.. all it took on it..

the only thing wrong with my ASC so far, is that the control buttons do not like Moisture so much. .and usually it doesn't do what you want it to until the car is either warmed up inside or has a chance to air out :rolleyes: But i do like the auto shut feature thou, unlike the 2 Factory sunroofs i have (in MN12's too)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts