TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didnt find what I was lookin for. When I try to open my moonroof when its cold out it just acts like its slippin the gears, and when it gets to the end of its travel it does the same. Also when I try and close it it doesnt stop where it is shut it just keeps goin on all the other vehicles I have drivin they stop when they are closed I dont know if these cars were different. So is that normal? I ask cause while goin down the road it leaks air and im tryin to close it and drive with me knees which isnt the smartest I know.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No, it's supposed to stop when it's closed so that's definitely not right. Mine sometimes doesn't want to open (or worse, shut but usually open). Definitely has a problem.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Have you ever had it serviced? I have an aftermarket moonroof and the company that did it (Ford dealership body shop recommended them for aftermarket install) said that you need to have it serviced at least once a year. That may be a little too often but the it's the principle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What do you suggest is the gear bad on the motor? is it set up kinda like the window motors in the doors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts