TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, I was driving my old RX-7, approaching a busy intersection with a red light. As I let off the gas, the throttle did not let off. It was locked at 4/5 throttle, causing the car to continue accelerating. I was quick enough to put the clutch in, collect my mind, pop the car in neutral and shut the car off. During those two secondsm, the car was redlined. I coasted to a stop in the left-turn lane of the intersection. Well, I got the car home by letting it redline, letting up the clutch a little, then letting it coast with the ignition off-- thankfully I was not far.

Today I took the intake tube off to look at the T-body and I found that a piece of this crappy "3A Racing" filter I bought at Checkers autoparts became unglued and found its way into the throttlebody.

It seems like something is out to get me. Am I going crazy or is quality control just being forgotten these days? I know I was getting a cheap filter when I bought it, but I was not expecting the damn thing to fall apart in my intake tract! Had I been a novice driver, or perhaps a nervous, panicking driver, I could've died.

This ticks me off more than Campbell's soup cans. I'm through thinking about this for now.

PJ

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sounds like the time my gas pedal got caught on my floor mat. That was fun

·
Registered
488 Posts
Originally posted by PJ-4.2L Am I going crazy or is quality control just being forgotten these days?

PJ [/B]
ISO strikes again LOL Sorry to hear about your luck hope it turns around for you soon

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You didn't just buy a big life insurance policy did you PJ?

:)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
doodaa said:
You didn't just buy a big life insurance policy did you PJ?

:)
or change your will?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yep... the throttle on my 5.0 was sticking a few times... the linkage wasn't easily moving. I was getting on it one night, and it stuck at WOT. I freaked out... slammed my foot down on the gas again to break it loose.. and took it easy all the way home. Scared the **** outta me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts