TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I did search, but I couldn't find anything with my exact problem. Here's what it's doing....

It's been running fine as of lately, then last night, it just went crazy. The car idles perfect...smooth as ever. The second I put it in reverse...drive...etc...it dies. It kind of lunges forward like it wants to move, then just dies quickly. It will do this several times until I decide to give up. I can give it gas when I put it in gear, and it lunges and jerks until I let off, then it dies again. Please help ASAP! Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I remember you saying you had done some stuff with cleaning the intake and such. What your describing sounds similar to what I experienced when my IAC went south. You might try looking @ that for starters, cleaning etc etc.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
It could also be the MAF sensor going bad.

If it idles fine, then it most likely isn't the IAC

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already cleaned the MAF. As for it. When I had it at the garage for all the problems it had before, they said the MAF was bad or there was a loose connection in the harness. Which explained the rough idle I'd been having before. I went to the junkyard and picked up another MAF and it's been working fine since. Whether it could be bad too, I dunno, or even the harness like he said. The IAC valve was one of my first thoughts. But with it just acting up while it's moving, that didn't quite add up.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
You could always unplug the MAF and take the car on a test drive.

That will tell you...............

And I never said your MAF was dirty. And just because you cleaned it doesn't mean that it hasn't gone bad.

Try looking at the MAF wiring connector, for signs of corrosion.

Maybe try a little dieletric grease on the pins.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another thing...

Last night, I knew something was up. It would idle fine of course. But when I put it in drive, it would idle really odd. It would idle between 500-700, bouncing back and forth between the two in rhythm.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
I had a similar problem, and in my case it was the MAF sensor. I even replaced the IAC valve first. Three or four days after I started having this problem, the CEL came on, and I got a code for a bad maf sensor.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In all the problems I've had before with bad MAF's and such, I've never had a CEL, starting to wonder if the bulb's burnt out. I tried unpluging the MAF, same result...won't move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts