TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to figure out where to go with this shuddering tranny.
Questions:
1) Here's a link to some "Shudder Fix". Has anyone used this and does it work? I thought the shuddering was a failure in the TC, but wasn't sure. http://www.autotransinc.com/shudfix.htm
2) When I changed the fluid (2 times), each time I found what I thought to be a decent amount of shavings. Can I get away with replacing the Accum. Pistons, TC, Jerry Mod, and possibly doing the EEC update or this "Shudder Fix"? OR do I need to ge with a complete rebuild? Are these shavings from the failing TC?
3) Where can I get a good TC? I'm not really thrilled about buying an AUTOZONE rebuilt TC.
4) IF I do have to go with a complete rebuild, where is the best place to get one?

Thanks for all the help so far.
Randy

·
Registered
621 Posts
Have you tried doing a FULL Mercon V flush? I don't mean just dopping the pan, I mean a complete flush. A lot of guys who switch over to Mercon V, instantally fix their shuddering problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 92 TC shuddered at 85k, then shuddering went away with nothing done. TCC ultimately began slipping, so I had to replace the TC, but I've never heard that shudder does any harm beyond annoying the driver.

BTW I used a custom rebuilt TC from Wingfield Performance in MN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts