TCCoA Forums banner

181 - 200 of 808 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
just a question for anyone.....I've used 4 and 4 1/2 inch grinders quite regularly...how does a 7 inch grinder perform? I mean, does it take off more material faster?
I'm not quite sure I want to spend the money on a 7" if its not going to grind the metal any faster....I dunno...

·
Registered
160 Posts
The 7" and 9" are sizes I reserve for heavy heavy work... Last time I used my 7" was to grind down slag on a tractor frame after cutting off some 1" thick tabs.... They can do some serious work and are also a bear to hang onto for long amounts of time....

I use my 4.5" for pretty much everything.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
thanks for the reply.....I didn't take the weight into consideration....I'll just stick to what I have.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Been tryin to work on this when I get the time....but here are a few quick pics of what I've been working on recently...

No where near completed.
This is just the first grind after cutting and welding.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Geez man, you definitely win the patience award from me. It'll be real interesting to see how much you get off when it's all said and done and how much of a difference it makes.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
He's stalling.

We are all going to the track next month and he is scared. He always comes up with something. "Turned off the wrong switch" "No trailer" "pinecones in the driveway"

Stuff like that.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
He's stalling.

We are all going to the track next month and he is scared. He always comes up with something. "Turned off the wrong switch" "No trailer" "pinecones in the driveway"

Stuff like that.
if you look in the last pic, there is a bicycle in the way...I can't go.. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Hrm... I think I get it. :)

Anyhow, just wanted to chime in and say impressive work so far.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

See his signature.
We really really try to get him to the track but he is always tearing the car apart.

And NOW the bicycle. lol

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Kinda like me with my computers. I can't leave them alone for any length of time. In fact, I've given up on screwing the case covers on any of them.

I suppose the difference is that they're all running.... :rolleyes:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

thanks man...I appreaciate it.

don't mind the other folks here....they know not what they speak..

See his signature.
We really really try to get him to the track but he is always tearing the car apart.

And NOW the bicycle. lol
And how much **** talking do you see me do?

And so what.....I started this last project I'm currently on in October last year....this stuff takes time.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong... but from what I've seen lately it looks like you're basically done modifying the car - have removed basically all the extra stuff from it that's going to be removed and done the welding and such - and are getting things ready to put back together?

Or is that a bit premature. I recall you wanted to work on the bumpers a bit and do something with a belly pan... not to mention the roll cage.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong... but from what I've seen lately it looks like you're basically done modifying the car - have removed basically all the extra stuff from it that's going to be removed and done the welding and such - and are getting things ready to put back together?

Or is that a bit premature. I recall you wanted to work on the bumpers a bit and do something with a belly pan... not to mention the roll cage.
I guess you can say I'm about half way there now.
I still have a few seams to weld under the hood(these are getting welded mostly for the smoothing of the engine bay), and a lot of grinding to follow.

I still need to scrape the sound deadening from the bottom of the car and in the fenderwells, and paint all that too.

I still have half the subframe connectors to do(forgot to post pics of that).
And of course the roll bar. Then the paint inside.
Also the paint under the hood.

Then(I thought I was getting done too), I have heads to do a port job on, maybe rebuild the shortblock, and reasemble the motor.

I'm on the market for a C4 tranny, and a decent stall.

Oh yeah, I still have some of the dash to finish, rewire the car.....

okay, maybe not half way there yet... :(

Why don't you just cut off the whole front bumper brace/Impact Absorber crap....
Its structural, I doubt he would spend all that time seam welding welding the whole car just to take out the main part connecting the subframe.
I have given it some thought.....I have a real good idea about removing it and replacing it with something a few pounds lighter.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
And how much **** talking do you see me do?

And so what.....I started this last project I'm currently on in October last year....this stuff takes time.
No I'm messing. You know that.
85% of this is the journey. And you are on your journey.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Edison

This is the perspiration part. :D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
No I'm messing. You know that.
I thought you were.....Hey, did you ever sell that 83 f150?

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas Edison

This is the perspiration part. :D
tell me about it!

181 - 200 of 808 Posts