TCCoA Forums banner

521 - 540 of 808 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #521 (Edited)
well, got the subframe apart...mostly...just the lower arms are still attatched.

I will be painting it, if the weather gets better.

springs, sway bar, sway bar mounts, are all painted.

Its just a pain moving the stuff around, as its all heavy as crap!

Thanks to my brother helping me move this stuff.

Also, one thing my brother and I were thinking while looking at the car last night....these cars are are easily swapable for different kinds of racing.
for example, i am building everything up for drag racing....but, how simple it would be to swap front ends or rear end assemblies with a road race settup.
pretty much everything unbolts, and swaps....so in essence, I could have two race cars in one....one for the twisties, and one for the straight line..

anyway, just some things we were thinking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you like it thats what matters, but... I think you should paint the wheel wells black. Maybe like a truck bedliner type stuff. Something that will take a beating while in the burnout box and its all gonna be black up there anyway. May as well make it uniform.:)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
"Maybe like a truck bedliner type stuff":idea: Good one ;) Back in the day my dad had all his vehicles "undercoated" sprayed everywhere:eek:

by the way nick I was not referencing to under coat it your right that stuff adds weight and adds a mess

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
that was one thing I did not want on this car at all....undercoating.
that stuff weighs too much!
I like the red, some might think its too much, but when its all together, it looks good.

I used rattle can paint so its easy to respary down the road if need be.....

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I like the red, some might think its too much, but when its all together, it looks good.

Nothing like a good "Aerosol Overhaul" !!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

Yo. Getting the red LED's? And shag.

And I agree. Your brother is stepping up to the plate. Even if he is some Hondastang lover. :D

·
Banned
287 Posts
No probl3m, anytime.... :cool:

And I agree. Your brother is stepping up to the plate. Even if he is some Hondastang lover. :D
Yes, that I am.... And for those who have not driven a CRX, I'm telling you.... you are missing out. Kind of like the Miata, there's something to these cars. It may not be speed, but handling and plenty of it. Of course, light-weight is the key to success.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #530

lol, the car used to have red neons all the way around underneath....along with red neon in the trunk....this car has gone from one extreme to another.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
lol, the car used to have red neons all the way around underneath....along with red neon in the trunk....this car has gone from one extreme to another.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
here are a few things painted...

and the subframe..

pumpkin and axles and nuckles and brakes and....

·
Banned
287 Posts
Did you paint some more stuff?

·
Banned
287 Posts
not yet.....I need to move the subframe to the back porch so I can paint it.
I won't be able to help tonight. I've got school from freaking 5:30pm to 9:50pm. Damn.....

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
I won't be able to help tonight. I've got school from freaking 5:30pm to 9:50pm. Damn.....
thats allright.....it can wait....I need to help Joseph with the pinewood derby car anyway.....I'm going to try and get the bandsaw going tonight...

521 - 540 of 808 Posts