TCCoA Forums banner

761 - 780 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeah my Doc told me I have Spinal Stenosis of vertebrae C6 & C7, and she's talking Chiropractors and Neurosurgeons :eek: So now I wonder how lond before the Navy Med Board sends me my walking papers:zdunno: and I'm only 37.
Took my dad about 2yrs to get medically retired, so I'd figure you'd be close to retirement anyway.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
your health any better?
mine is better, but I just have to be careful of what I pick up.
I start physical therapy Monday and may have neck surgery in October.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #771
:wavey:

Same here.

Car still here & there & there ...

Cold & Snowy.:crazy:

was 9* went I when To work this morning.:beek:

:zbench:
thats rough....

I'm so tempted to just let the car go to someone else.

It doesnt excite me anymore.

priorities lie elsewhere these days.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #772
Well, I'm hoping to get a new job soon. Which will pay almost double what I'm making now.

I disassembled the heads I have, and am going to clean the runners and what not.

If all goes well, maybe this year she will move again.

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
That's some good news Nick - both the new job and the prospect of more lovely photos of progress. :D

When I saw your post in the thread, my first reaction was "Oh no, I hope he isn't giving up and telling us he's scrapping the car..." We all know how it is though. If it's not money, it's motivation. If it's not motivation, it's time.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Well, I'm hoping to get a new job soon. Which will pay almost double what I'm making now.

I disassembled the heads I have, and am going to clean the runners and what not.

If all goes well, maybe this year she will move again.
That's great to hear Nick. At least you can race without running, jumping, lifting, riding 4 wheelers, etc ...

Somehow I missed this thread last summer when you guys were talking about your back troubles. I wish you both the best.

Best wishes also with the new job Nick. You'd be amazed how a new job will change your life. I hope it works out for you and your family.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #776 (Edited)
little update......wife bought me a 20 gallon parts washer for my birthday. Man, i didnt realize what I've been missing. I've wanted one for about 15 years now.....got 1 head soaking as I type this. Up next for tools for me is 20 ton shop press. Another one of those tools you dont always need, but when you have it, your glad you do.

Here are valves being cleaned....I need to purchase a valve train parts holder.

anyone wanna guess on the size valves? :)

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
I'm going to go with 2.02"

761 - 780 of 808 Posts