TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Lookin good badbird!

I did some work on my manual M/C setup today, and I'm hoping to have it all togeather this weekend, it would save the weight of the booster for you and the booster and entire ABS system for me.

Keep it up!

Brandon

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
what external pump are you planning on running?
Well, I changed my mind and went a different route.
I did not get the Mallory pump.
I just didn't have the funds for that pump, and besides, that was way more pump than I needed right now.

The pump pictured above is the Summit 140gph pump.

You are so cheap, Phatbird uses $100.00 bills in his threads. :D Seriously though things are looking real good as I said before you have a nice car, I can't wait to seemore pics.
haha.

Thanks man.
more pics coming soon.

Lookin good badbird!

I did some work on my manual M/C setup today, and I'm hoping to have it all togeather this weekend, it would save the weight of the booster for you and the booster and entire ABS system for me.

Keep it up!

Brandon
Do get a thread going about it.
I look forward to seeing your settup and how it performs.

And thanks man.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Were did you get that book in #72 sec pic? I been looking for wiring schematic . I still need to cut some more wire but not sure were they go
That is from my Ford Service manual.....I can scan some pages if you would like.
It covers pretty much every wiring scehmatic in the car....

·
Registered
903 Posts
Anyone know how much less a car without undercoating is compared to one with? My old car had it and my new one doesnt, I was thinking around 30lbs, sound right?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Anyone know how much less a car without undercoating is compared to one with? My old car had it and my new one doesnt, I was thinking around 30lbs, sound right?
I'm not sure of the weight, but when all mine comes off, I'll post the numbers.

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
who is heavier? coug or thunder bucket?
Bird easily, the added sheet metal on the cougar roof and trunklid is probably lighter than the birds big rear window, the cougar doesnt have any led's in the reflectors, and if you wanted to go into options cougars never got the gfx the sc birds had.

So probably a grand total of a 1lb difference:D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
BTW, I'm still working on this....I kinda took a break for 2 reasons, 1, it gets tiring....and 2, for the life of me, I could not find cheap wire cup wheels.
Only thing I could find were the $14 dollar Dewalt cups.
But alas, I finaly found cheap ones....I get 4 of them for under $13 dollars!

The whole back half of the car from the rear seats all the way to the trunk has been grinded off....I'll hopefully finish the grinding today.

I still need to drop the old fuel system, grind all the undercoating off the bottom of the car, paint eveything, install the new fuel system, install cam, springs, and intake, and a few other odds and ends.

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Just an idea, but I saw on another forum that I'm on someone was removing the same type of sound deadener from a subaru, and they used dry ice instead of heat, and it all just flaked off. If you can get some dry ice, you might want to try that and see if it comes up any easier when its extremely cold.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
heh, I actually did try that.
It did come off, but it still left a residue(basically the glue that holds the rubber down), which is what is all I have left to get out anyway.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Talk about going all out badbird. I recently pulled the dash out of my car and I couldn't believe how heavy it was. Now I'm in the process of swapping over the wiring to another dash, which should take a good bit of time. Keep up the nice work.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Talk about going all out badbird. I recently pulled the dash out of my car and I couldn't believe how heavy it was. Now I'm in the process of swapping over the wiring to another dash, which should take a good bit of time. Keep up the nice work.
yeah, it has gotten more in depth than I was planning on....it was supposed to be simple and quick, but me, being me, it never is simple and quick.

And thanks.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Looking at all that your doing, is making me think if I should try to lighten it up some. I still want it to be rigid, and look like a complete dash. I am still debating on what components I should keep though.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
just wondering what kind of fabrication tools you got. assuming you dont got a break, a hammer chisel and a vise will gt you a descent dash. i know you got a welder. i learned how to do metal fab when i took autobody. ask me if you need help or advice.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
just wondering what kind of fabrication tools you got. assuming you dont got a break, a hammer chisel and a vise will gt you a descent dash. i know you got a welder. i learned how to do metal fab when i took autobody. ask me if you need help or advice.
nothing really of the sort....I just use my head. ;)

but for real, I don't have a break, but I improvise by using anything that will work.

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
to make a 90 degree use a ball ping hammer and give a chisel a good whack. along where you want the bend. side by side so you get one solid line with no spaces in between. one solid blow each. but if you use aluminum not as much force will be needed. after you make yir line, the metal will have a slight bend. bring her to a table and start hammering away (BUT NOT TO HARD) BESIDE the line to EASE the metal to where you want her- the amount of degree. inch by inch. dont just go 90 degrees inch by inch. a little bit at a time. be very patient and you will be pleased with the result.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
I need to ask a question regarding the dash skin. How hard was it to remove from the actual frame? Do you think it is possible to do this on the older years, more specifically years 89 to 93?

61 - 80 of 808 Posts