TCCoA Forums banner

81 - 100 of 808 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
it was pretty easy....but then again, if all the wires are still attacthed to it, it will make things more difficult. but like Matt said, about a dozen or so 7mm screws holds it on.
But, if you have the time and another car, it really isn't that bad.

and about the car, yep, you guessed it, still grinding away....

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Ok, I'll have to take a look. I have another dash out of a SC which had climate control, which my car did not. I do not want to take the time to swap all the wiring between the two dashes. So if this is feasible I would prefer to do it that way.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Ok, I'll have to take a look. I have another dash out of a SC which had climate control, which my car did not. I do not want to take the time to swap all the wiring between the two dashes. So if this is feasible I would prefer to do it that way.
I guess what I was saying, the wire should not be attacthed to the dash cover....but it will be attatched to the frame. Some wires will more than likely somewhat hide where the screws are. If the mounting points for the dash covers are the same(where all the little screws go), I can take some detailed pics for you if you'd like?

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
That's ok, no pictures necessary. I'll probably start working on the one dash tomorrow and see what I kind find out. I just wish it was a bit warmer outside to be doing this. If I have any questions I know where to come :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
update...

been working on the dash...I made a few panels to cover it, but I don't know if I'll change it or not.....I'm working with curved sheet aluminum. It is hard to get it back straight without making a crease in it.
I have also made the new distrubution, fused, relay rack.

I have a little bit of grinding to do....but have not had time to finish it, due to my father in law being in the hospital for a week now.

I'll get pics up when I get home.

·
Banned
287 Posts
update...

been working on the dash...I made a few panels to cover it, but I don't know if I'll change it or not.....I'm working with curved sheet aluminum. It is hard to get it back straight without making a crease in it.
I have also made the new distrubution, fused, relay rack.

I have a little bit of grinding to do....but have not had time to finish it, due to my father in law being in the hospital for a week now.

I'll get pics up when I get home.
Yeah, hopefully Mr. P makes it thru....

And yeah, the al-you-min-e-um sheet metal will work for now. I would still consider something else as time and money permits. Looking good for now. Let me know when you want to drop the tank.... :p

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Are you Canadian ay? You say you were aboot to drop it last night....:D
lol.

Allrighty...here are more pics as promised.

More gutting....and grinding..

Needs to be done under the dash..

Front that needs to be grinded out...

Rear, you can see whats underneath...

Okay, so here is what I've been working on for the dash.....don't laugh to hard...it's still not finished.

Here's the distribution/fused/relay rack...

Well, thats all for now..

Here is the switch panel I made today....I like it better than the last one I was using..

Grinding is done on the inside.....I've got to make a few aluminum panels, weld some stuff up, then comes the paint.....:D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
nick, where did you get that aluminum sheeting for the dash?
from my old work.....we were having the insulation redone on our chilled water lines, and the lines that are outside, get the sheetaluminum as the final covering....There was some left over, so I grabbed it.
I also have some aluminum signs(that is thicker), that I will be using for a firewall between me and the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Really nice!

I've been looking for shots of one of our cars 'butt nekkid' for some add ons; thanks.

BTW, where can you get QA1 shocks for these??

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
grab me some the next time you see any. the thicker signs are too thick for what i want to do.
just lemme know what size you need, I might have some you can have.

Really nice!

I've been looking for shots of one of our cars 'butt nekkid' for some add ons; thanks.

BTW, where can you get QA1 shocks for these??
QA-1 shocks and coil overs ? How did you get them ?
:zdevil: hehehe

These were available in a group buy a couple years ago.
Here is the info from who made them....
D & D Race Technologies
Denny & Dawn Barwald
www.dndracetech.com
Denny Cell:320-310-2218
Dawn Cell:320-310-2221
Office:320-629-4769
Fax:775-244-5586

15990 Rice Road
Brook Park, MN 55007

I'm sure he can make another set....but get ready to shell out close to $700 bucks.

edit: hmmmm, seems the site is no longer there....maybe try the phone later.

Old fuel system gone.
Anyone need a 94-95 gas tank?
Started welding the seams on the inside....just to make things a bit stronger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow nice work. I can't believe you did all that grinding by hand. I would have wussed out and used the sand blaster. Can't wait to see the end the finished dash.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well, things have been slow again....my father in law did pass away on the 4th. So we have been dealing with funeral stuff for the past week.
I did manage to get some valvetrain stuff done for the new cam, but thats about it.

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father in law. Just bringing this thread back up since I have started working on my dash swap. After examining them, it appears that you cannot remove just the top skin of the dash to swap to another. So I am completely stripping them and swapping the harnesses and controls. The harness itself weighed in at 15 pounds when removed. I can post pictures if anyone is interested, and does anyone need a dash wiring harness from a supercoupe?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Sorry to hear about your father in law. Just bringing this thread back up since I have started working on my dash swap. After examining them, it appears that you cannot remove just the top skin of the dash to swap to another. So I am completely stripping them and swapping the harnesses and controls. The harness itself weighed in at 15 pounds when removed. I can post pictures if anyone is interested, and does anyone need a dash wiring harness from a supercoupe?
what year dash's were you swaping?

81 - 100 of 808 Posts