TCCoA Forums banner

121 - 140 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
just a lil update.....still welding seams, and tinkering with the new h/c/i.

thats all for now!
Thats a LOT of seams .. but a very good idea that I have considered doing to my own ride. Ive noticed that even the Mark 8's got a few little welded seams in a couple areas ... shock towers rings for example, something the Tbird did not get.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
you got heads now?!
yep, nothing major though....just some first gen lightning heads.

Thats a LOT of seams .. but a very good idea that I have considered doing to my own ride. Ive noticed that even the Mark 8's got a few little welded seams in a couple areas ... shock towers rings for example, something the Tbird did not get.
tell me about it......I haven't done this much welding in a long time!!

·
Banned
287 Posts
Fvcking fires.... :p

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Fvcking fires.... :p
I know why the right side wasn't cathing on fire like the left......I didn't weld up 1 seam on the right side like I did on the left.....sooooo, I need you to come by again today and watch that side so I don't have to keep getting out and putting the fire out.

btw, I got the roof all welded up too, along with the dash....I finally started on the back end.
And I also started grinding in the front wheel well.

·
Banned
287 Posts
I know why the right side wasn't cathing on fire like the left......I didn't weld up 1 seam on the right side like I did on the left.....sooooo, I need you to come by again today and watch that side so I don't have to keep getting out and putting the fire out.

btw, I got the roof all welded up too, along with the dash....I finally started on the back end.
Sweet... Hey I replied to the AJL thread in the Pic of the "who-cares" thread....

I need to go talk to Hal tonight..... ;)

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Whats your goal for doing all the seam welding? Strength? Noise? Just curious.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Forgot to add, I'm about to drop the whole rear assembly as well.....its about to be a shell.

Whats your goal for doing all the seam welding? Strength? Noise? Just curious.
strength mostly.....most of the interior welding will be dressed up to look better.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

Go get you some disposable diapers, use the stuff inside to make a paste. Really cuts down on the fires and what areas get scorched and burned. Protects paint pretty well on surrounding areas too.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Go get you some disposable diapers, use the stuff inside to make a paste. Really cuts down on the fires and what areas get scorched and burned. Protects paint pretty well on surrounding areas too.
:leftright

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
More than likely....I would like to find some aluminum rear lowers as well.....maybe even an aluminum pumpkin...

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
:leftright
I'm serious.

I made me some a while back to protect some areas where I was using a flame and it kept all the paint underneath nice and purdy.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I'm serious.

I made me some a while back to protect some areas where I was using a flame and it kept all the paint underneath nice and purdy.
I know you were :D

I haven't needed that yet though....but I will keep it in mind......

.....what was cathing on fire was the foam crap that is still in the fenderwells...that sh1t stinks when it burns!

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
More than likely....I would like to find some aluminum rear lowers as well.....maybe even an aluminum pumpkin...
Im getting ready to weld and detail my subframe and K member. I already have the aluminum pumpkin. I haven't bought the LCA's yet, though I do have the spring perches on the shelf for them.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Im getting ready to weld and detail my subframe and K member. I already have the aluminum pumpkin. I haven't bought the LCA's yet, though I do have the spring perches on the shelf for them.
cool.....maybe you can send me some dimensions of those perches....should be easy enough to make..

121 - 140 of 808 Posts