TCCoA Forums banner

141 - 160 of 808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the "Weight added" thread?
Yeah, right alongside the 10lbs of welding wire that is now melted into his car.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Yeah, right alongside the 10lbs of welding wire that is now melted into his car.
its only about 4 lbs right now...

guys, when I started this thread, I didn't know I was going to get this far into it....so, its just a "build" thread now.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Im getting ready to weld and detail my subframe and K member. I already have the aluminum pumpkin. I haven't bought the LCA's yet, though I do have the spring perches on the shelf for them.
Im in the same boat here .. got a couple subframes on the side of the house for welding, one of them is complete from a Mark with control arms and everything .. just need perches to top it off. :rolleyes:

I dont know about pulling apart diapers .. thats not fire retardant, its a water absorbant; but hey I have plenty here. Plus I cant imagine that stuff would be good to breath while welding. That body sealer really can be a pain to work with .. I always keep a fire extinguisher handy while welding - got 3 of them in my garage. :D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Im in the same boat here .. got a couple subframes on the side of the house for welding, one of them is complete from a Mark with control arms and everything .. just need perches to top it off. :rolleyes:

I dont know about pulling apart diapers .. thats not fire retardant, its a water absorbant; but hey I have plenty here. Plus I cant imagine that stuff would be good to breath while welding. That body sealer really can be a pain to work with .. I always keep a fire extinguisher handy while welding - got 3 of them in my garage. :D
I've got a few too....a couple Halon ones as well :D
(I work as a building engineer, and every year, an extinguisher either needs replaced or something..so I get as many as I want)

and you're right...that crap stinks to high heaven!!!
my wife used to complain when I would rebuild a diff or whatever, but now, holy crap...this stuff just stinks when its heated!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I have one of those also, but all the rest are ABC. My buddy was a fire inspector, so thats why I have so many also. :D
They used to get recharged once a year, but not anymore .. luckily I havent had to use one yet.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I have one of those also, but all the rest are ABC. My buddy was a fire inspector, so thats why I have so many also. :D
They used to get recharged once a year, but not anymore .. luckily I havent had to use one yet.
sounds like the same boat as me!!
free stuff is great!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
LOL no kidding .. even better when your buddies leave tools like a Lincoln Powermig 215 and some more goodies in your garage. Plasma cutter comes in handy. :D

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Don't we all want plasma cutters?? Useful buggers they are!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Here are a few quick pics....gotta run and make some side money to pay for this crap!

and my monkey cage..

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
i guess its too late now but what about structural adhesive that the air craft industry uses instead of mig? anyone work with that stuff?
nah, if I was to use that, I wouldn't have done any of this.

update on the car, I've got almost the whole left side under the hood welded up....also the core supprt is getting a makeover as well....I have still yet to start the roll bar, but I should be starting on it this weekend...I needed a few more tools and an nhra rule book.

I'll post some progress pics later.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Here are a few quick pics...

lots more welding!

smoothing some things out to see how it looks...

changing the look of the core support some..

not much bumper left....I might actualy remove the whole front piece, and make something a little closer to the engine bay..

anyway, lots to do still.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Your crazy man. That is too much work.

141 - 160 of 808 Posts