TCCoA Forums banner

161 - 180 of 808 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Wow!

That is flux cored mig right?
at first it was(the earlier photos in this thread), since then I run argon 75%/ C02 25% mix gas on non flux core wire(don't remember the wire off the top of my head right now).

dude.....holy crap.
I know.....I have to personally thank my brother for getting me into this!!!A$$HOLE!!!!

:rofl:

j/k

but seriuosly, one day he was like, hey man, why don't you weld some of the seams...lol...so I was like sure why not!?!?

Now I can't stop :(

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Maybe you should weld in the giant hole between the shock towers. ;)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I know.....I have to personally thank my brother for getting me into this!!!A$$HOLE!!!!

:rofl:

j/k

but seriuosly, one day he was like, hey man, why don't you weld some of the seams...lol...so I was like sure why not!?!?

Now I can't stop :(
And his car is faster too.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I see you edited when I hit this reply lol.

I was going to say from where I sit...
eh, he knows it will be faster....were about to throw some juice at his car, but we need to pull the motor...thinkin hes got a head gasket going on him.

oh, i see how it is: hes gettin all secret message on us
white text!

ya but you removed useless weight to add useful weight.
yes sir....And everyday, I keep finding more crap to take off....be it, a few grams, ounces, or 1 pound, it all adds up!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
THe lack of weight is amazing.

Can you... like... fab up a bellypan??

I think it'd make the car even slipperier :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
THe lack of weight is amazing.

Can you... like... fab up a bellypan??

I think it'd make the car even slipperier :)
that would be neat......but only if I could find some carbon fiber!!! :tongue:

actually the rear bumper cover is getting a small belly pan on the bottom......pics will come once I get to it.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I've got a box here that I've been putting small metal pieces in, that have come off the car....these are just little pieces of this and that, that I'm able to cut off, which serve me no purpose on this car....reason I'm typing this, it goes to show you how much weight can come off a car when you finally sit down and look it over real good....of course having the car completly apart helps too ;)

I would post pics, but my new cpu isn't allowing me to download pics from my camera....

If your planning to put a roll cage might be better to weld it directly to your boddy while your at it
you know, I thought about that....I'm still undecided though....I'm not sure if its okay with NHRA regulations.....I'll have to check.

161 - 180 of 808 Posts