TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else go mushroom hunting this year?

We did a little mushroom hunting here today on our property.

We gave half of them away and ate the rest with dinner tonight. I'm not crazy about them, but it was fun combing the woods for them.

-Rod

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Yep. Go every year. They taste good w/ steak. I use my lunch hour to look through Creve Couer Park. Found a few so far, but it seems I'm fighting the deer or other woodland creatures for them, lol... I need to go out to a few more remote areas when the weather holds and I can find a baby sitter for a few hours.

That first pic seems to be a pretty big one. I haven't found one over 3 inches tall (not including the stem) this year. I'll stumble across one sooner or later though, since all I have is wooded areas around me. If I find a nice one, I'll add to the pics, here's hoping :)

Jay

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
wow At first i thought you guys were talking about "hrooms" LOL Have never heard of those

·
Registered
157 Posts
People who hate mushrooms make the perfect hunters.
More eyes and fewer mouths equals more mushrooms for me :D

I didn't have much time to go out this year, but we were able to find 9 after about a half hour of searching one evening.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yea, I found a couple here the other day. Need to check again soon before they are no longer around.

For those that don't eat them or haven't tried them, they are very good! You just have to acquire a taste for them.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I live in the hood.

A mushroom hunter found a corpse in the woods recently.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
what kind of shrooms are those?

they look nothing like what I pick up at the store.

I love mushrooms, but am a newbie when it comes to what kinds you can pick and eat.

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I live in the hood.

A mushroom hunter found a corpse in the woods recently.
Where was this? I must have missed that one, lol... Where is your "hood", as you so refer?

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts