TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll.. this has been happening since i've had the car, like a year now, it doesnt seem to be doing anything but pissing me off... grr! anyways, when i put the car in Neutral or Park .. it makes this ticking noise that's terrible... a buddy of mine said it might be my 3rd cat... but i looked at it when i did my exhaust.. and it looked pretty secure..

·
Registered
362 Posts
its that screming sound Harry and Lloyd mad ein dumb and dumber... Seriously im not sure whats going on with your car I think if had a similar prob but al went away. im not sure.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Are you sure its not A Valve body buzz in yer tranny?

:(

Sortof sounds like a can full of pissed off Bees.... or a Razor is stuck in your cats...?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, can full of bees would describe it :) so, how do i fix that? :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, and it only does it sometimes......

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If it bothers you that much, put it on some ramps or jackstands and crawl under with it runnin and rattling....use a stethoscope, or a big wrench as a sounding rod pressing one end against your ear, firmly, the other end against parts untill you locate the exact sourcre of the noise(old mechanics trick to figure out which cyl had a bad rod bearing , bent valve, etc.....really works) finding location is a very important clue , and then you can start figuring out the cause.....Good Luck

·
Registered
364 Posts
If it is the valve body.. do a search.... then wait till the valvebody/tranny blows up or jsut guy buy a new valve body.. $400ish I guess

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The heat shields on the catalytic converters can make a very annoying rattle ... sort of like a tick mixed with a clang. If it is an exhaust noise, you may be able to replicate it by tapping/pounding on the exhaust parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts