TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well heres the deal.... ever since i got my car it had been making noises...never got worse or better...well a little better after replacing the ball joints but there is still some kind of problem in the suspension.......

i get like clunks/popping noises out of my passenger front suspension..... it happens when turning right, when it rains i hear the sound over almost everybump in the friggen road, after the car wash, so obviously when something gets wet...it gets worse.... any ideas on what this problem could be??? i was told it could possibly be the strut (shock) bearing.... but i was thinking of replacing springs and shocks soon anyways.. to drop the boat :D .... any body else experience these problems???

ahwbg

(any help would be great)

thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
jack up the front and shake the tire around and see if there is any play in it. if so, find out what the prob is. if not i dont knwo what your prob is.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it helps you guys.... my car pulls to the right.... and even harder when i brake....(after an alignment was done)....and ball joints replaced

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You could have a bad caliper, it would clunk going over bumps, and make the car pull.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
you guys are misisng one important thing, the strut rod bushings! more than likely thats the problem , it runs from the front of subframe to the lower arm, when they go bad you can feel the car pull they are cheap too right 6-7 dolalrs or so each, you need 2 per control arm. there is also the sametype of bushing on the rod at the subframe

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
bingo, strut rod bushings....i have the same problem. It only does it when its wet. My Chrysler concorde does the sme thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts