TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my 310,000mile 4.6 finally! (only took 15 yrs of 100% throttle everywhere i go)
Im getting a 95 motor, 60,000mi on it, $550 shipped. 1yr warr.

I know i need motor + trans mounts! I hate ford ones!!!!

I have broken 6 sets of stock ford mounts (well usually one at a time) in the 8 years i have been driving!

I need some better stuff. Ive got no mufflers and dont mind noise or vibration (i got two 15's so im vibrating enough already!).

Solid steel or aluminum?? Anything available for purchase?!?!?!?

I need some mounts that wont brake once a year on me.

Also besides new mounts what else should I change while Ive got the motor/trans out?
Im going to rebuild the trans later so im not really addressing that now, it works.

$550 MOTOR + $100 SHOP RENTAL FEE (6PM-7AM) +$???? MOUNTS +$??? <r134a, oil, trans fluid> + MENTAL FRUSTRATION (PRICELESS).

I have a fairly good deal going there, would y'all agree?

I am attempting to avoid having to fabricate these. But I can and will if I have to.

Thank you!!!
~ryan

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
Send a PM to ChuckW. He makes new poly mounts with new brackets and everything for less than the cost of factory mounts.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madmikey you are the $#!T thanks so much im PM'n right now!

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trunk monk you've been ultra helpful now and in the past (door hinge replacement writeup!! thanks!)

thanks for the link i know many others will be happy to find QUALITY mounts!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna buy those mounts from chuck! Im pretty impressed with his professionalism (by looking at website and product)

I dont think I could possibly buy a worse mount than the stock. And if MadMikeyL and Trunk Monkey say they are good, im goin' with them. Thanks guys!.

After I hit the lotto or this recession gets over with im donating at least $250 to tccoa! I wish I had it now but im sittin with D in hand if you know I mean!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Chucks are nice, and the really nice things is no matter what 4.6 you get they mount right up.. I have some sitting in a box ready to go on my new build :)

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
supercoupeperformance.com has some solid mounts too.

And do you relaly want to put a 95 back in?
I know the price is good but the valve seal problem...
It will drink oil, clog the egr, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts