TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing my motor mounts as i type this and im having trouble getting the top bolt off the mount. I cant really get a rachet in there does anyone got any tips?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
did you pull the motor out or just lifted it till it cleared ?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
it wasn't all that hard when i did mine. what sucks tho, is that i just put mounts on there about 2 months ago and they already need to be replaced...damn pos OEM replacements

·
Registered
64 Posts
it wasn't all that hard when i did mine. what sucks tho, is that i just put mounts on there about 2 months ago and they already need to be replaced...damn pos OEM replacements
Yeah I played that game too. Only the second time I already had the motor out so I replaced all 3 (trans.) with the solid mounts. No more problems there.
I do have a lot of new problems, but not with those mounts!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I put Hydrolic in mine. My driver side went..and as my dad and I were jacking up the engine..the passanger side exploded LOL i thought an oil line blew or something lol but it was just crappy water lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put Hydrolic in mine. My driver side went..and as my dad and I were jacking up the engine..the passanger side exploded LOL i thought an oil line blew or something lol but it was just crappy water lol.
NICE,

yeah those solid mounts should hold, hopefully even through th e Vortech.

I already did the splitport, but not the sc yet. Definitely a noticeable different in the mounts though. When it acts up and runs really rough, the whole car shakes now, not just the motor. They are definitely SOLID!
Enjoy and good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My driver side mount cracked in half when i was changing the passenger side too. Alot of smelly fluid came out and at first i thought i cracked the oil pan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts