TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is any one running solid rubber motor mounts? do they respond alot better than the fluid filled. another ? would it be ok to run just solid motor mounts, it would probably vibrate like crazy? cause i made a set up when i did my motor just never put them in. what ur inputs on this solid rubber, or solid mounts, what the way to go?

·
Registered
343 Posts
well I have a 93 TBird 5.0. I swapped out the fluid filled with the solids. And honestly I haven't noticed any vibration issues. I recently swapped solids into my 87 5.0 and had no issues with vibration either.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
The vibration issue is only noticable at idle. I have solids on mine, and thre is a very slight rumble. However, it doesn't feel much more severe than the fluid ones did, since the exhaust system masks a lot of it. An,d it's negligible at any other throttle setting, outside of idle.

Pete

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
IM waiting for the Poly ones to surface from ChuckW it will be nearly the same price and soon to be JL approved I hope. Search threads for it. I wondered about vibration issues myself, good that no one is getting sea sick with using solids. These mounts look freaking awesome and will handle anything I have planned for the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts