TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the car into a shop to do motor mounts in a few days, and maybe the tranny mount. Is there any parts/gaskets that should be replaced at same time? Thanks.

·
5,650 Posts
Eh, maybe fix an exhaust leak at the manifolds if you have one. Or fix an oil pan gasket leak. Or if the mechanic's gonna drop the exhaust, do the oxygen sensors. Really there's nothing under there in the immediate area of the motor mounts that I can think of.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do the 02s, and take a look at the u-joints while hes under there.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys, I will just tell them to look around for anything major needing replaced. As of now there are no leaks, rear main seal is new. Are the tranny crossmember bushings need replaced usually or is just the mount ok. has 90k miles. I'd guess the tranny mount usually last a little longer than engine mounts but might as well replace that too.

·
5,650 Posts
It's best to replace the all mounts at the same time. At 90k the tranny mount will be far from being at its best. The crossmember bushings probably won't be too pretty either. It certainly wouldn't hurt to replace them, but if you can't afford it do the tranny mount first.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. :cool:

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OEM, hydraulic (Anchor) mounts.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got all "3" installed for $340 labor. Car drives great now its smooth and accelerates better; no more vibration in the gas pedal either. Also my steering effort has improved, something must have been binding bc the mounts were bad causing it to be hard to turn. They did leave somewhat of a oil mess underneath I had to clean up, but no biggie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts