TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very annoyed that the price of motor oil is still the same as it was in late summer when crude oil was going for $145/bbl. Then in August I paid $2.57 for a qt. of pennzoil 10W-30. Now crude is going for aroung $65/bbl. and the motor is still $2.57 a qt. at walmart. Heck, I used to buy the walmart supertech for my old truck. I watched the cheap supertech oil go from 94cents a qt. to $2.27 a qt. in less than 12 months and it is still $2.27! Maybe I am wrong in assuming that motor oil is made from crude oil.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
i piade a dollar more then that not 1 month ago i used castrol gtx 10-30

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
you dont see food prices going down either

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
They are trying to get you for every penny they can, since gas is dirt cheap now. Profit margins for gasoline are still the same from when they were paying $145/bbl. They can charge you the same price for motor oil hoping no one will notice while making buku profits from it. People are still driving alot less now like gas is still $4.00 a gallon.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
people are driving less right now because everyones broke and being layed off

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
It's all one big game. Barrel prices goes up and that same day they are changing the price of gas at the pump. Barrel prices goes down and nothing happens for weeks and when it does it is to a much lesser degree. All one big BS game.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts