TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Are the spark plugs in?

Compression will stop it as it comes up, but it will bleed off in a few seconds.

With the followers out, it should rotate freely; there's nothing for it to hit.

Did you have both heads off? If not, you need to pull the other one.

Somethings not right; don't try to start it until you figure it out.
All plugs are out. All followers have been removed. I have not pulled the other head since it appeared to be fine when I tore everything down. I was afraid I might have to pull it. Are there any bolts that extend in to the block that I might be overlooking here that could be hitting on a rod? It seems odd that everything rotates easily until the timing mark is in a certain place. For reference if I rotate the crank counter-clockwise it stops just shy of where it stops rotating clockwise, like there is a bolt or something in the way. Really strange.

·
Super Moderator
16,810 Posts
It cannot be the starter because the starter isn’t engaged with the flexplate unless it’s on.

I hate to say it but kind of sounds like something is in a cylinder. Have you rotated it backwards to see where it stops from that direction?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It cannot be the starter because the starter isn’t engaged with the flexplate unless it’s on.

I hate to say it but kind of sounds like something is in a cylinder. Have you rotated it backwards to see where it stops from that direction?
Everything seems to be pointing in that direction. I have, rotating it backwards it stops just shy of where it does rotating it forward. So, rotated backwards timing mark on crank gear stops at 12:01 (looking at it like a clock) rotating it forward and it stops at 11:59.

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts
There's something in a cylinder. :(

There's no other way I can think of to cause what you're describing.

Sorry to bear bad news, but you need to take the other head off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'm sure you guys are right unfortunately. I'll pull the other side this week and see what's in there. I've had it covered but it's possible some small creature is using the intake ports as an acorn depository or shitting in the spark plug holes.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts