TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 2000 3.8 motor and i heard they have 190 hp well if i do this motor swap and add my underdrive pullys with my dual exhuast with headers that will give me up in the 200 hp but will this motor swap be hard i mean and worth it

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
You will have to do some fitting. Racecougar did it and he got his letter in Car Craft Magazine with a pic of the car doing a burnout.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
lowthunder said:
hey i got a 2000 3.8 motor and i heard they have 190 hp well if i do this motor swap and add my underdrive pullys with my dual exhuast with headers that will give me up in the 200 hp but will this motor swap be hard i mean and worth it
Your current Underdrive pulleys will NOT work. They started using integrated pulleys and harmonic balancers after 1999. You would need to buy a new underdrive pully (about $150-170).

Yes the swap will be VERY hard for your car:

1. you either have to convert to a DIS system
1a. or you have to try to figure out a way to keep your distributor
2. you have to custom fit a fuel rail to the engine to work with your fuel system
3. you will need to get a chip/flash for your computer as the larger fuel injectors will not work with your current computer

I am sure there are other reasons, but I have not come across them yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the whole motor with pully on it and all i just don't got the trany or the computer for it but other then that i got everything all the way to the pullys and mainifold

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
lowthunder said:
i got the whole motor with pully on it and all i just don't got the trany or the computer for it but other then that i got everything all the way to the pullys and mainifold
your tranny will work, i believe. theres alot of work involved in making this swap work right. its not a swap in and plug everything up and go.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'd suggest grabing a DIS EEC or at least find out what the differences are. A couple guys at V6power can/do make the fuel rails.

·
Administrator
8,219 Posts
He can run the distributor if he eliminates the EGR. Or he could go with an F-150 upper like PJ did. Just throwing my 2 cents in! :tongue:

Joe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kool and hey every cents helps man. i know its not goin to be a plug and go swap but i am doin it i just need to see what all i need for this swap so keep it up and if you got anything eles just add it in thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts