TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to see/hear a 2 piece EV98B motorcraft PVC valve leak audibly - I sealed the base up with RTV and I'm ready to buy one of those one piece Purolator valves. In the past they never fit the grommet right, but I have new PCV grommet and I'm thinking it may be a better choice.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I was surprised to see/hear a 2 piece EV98B motorcraft PVC valve leak audibly - I sealed the base up with RTV and I'm ready to buy one of those one piece Purolator valves. In the past they never fit the grommet right, but I have new PCV grommet and I'm thinking it may be a better choice.
I had to buy a new pcv grommet/valve cover seal for mine, too. Just wouldn't stop leaking - I tried wrapping the pcv with electrical tape until it barely fit the hole, still leaked. A new one fixed it!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to buy a new pcv grommet/valve cover seal for mine, too. Just wouldn't stop leaking - I tried wrapping the pcv with electrical tape until it barely fit the hole, still leaked. A new one fixed it!
Do you use the motorcraft ones or the one piece Parts store special?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Do you use the motorcraft ones or the one piece Parts store special?
The grommet? I think it was a one piece from one of those HELP! cards (it was a long time ago since I fixed all those vac leaks).

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
nope, the pcv valve. BTW the grommet had to come from a dealer. Nothing in the carded section or the computer seemed to fit.
I know I didn't get it from the dealer - I just grabbed one of the HELP card grommets that fit the closest, popped it in (it sealed VERY well) and used a Purolator PCV also from Advanced.

Worked well since it's been on the car several years now! :)

In the daylight, I can take some pics if you'd like.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Motorcraft PCV Grommet

Those aftermarket PCV Grommets are crap...Especially the ones you find in the "Help" section at the parts store..

For the MN12 3.8L V6..
Here is the Ford Part #E7AZ-6A892-A

If you still need the Ford Motorcraft PCV Grommet for your V6..Jason can probably get it for you..I don't believe it's been discontinued "yet"..

Just PM FordPartsCounter..He'll take care of you..

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Both of the grommets on my 4v valve covers are from the help section with no issue sealing.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Both of the grommets on my 4v valve covers are from the help section with no issue sealing.
Oh..You mean on a 4.6L Engine..

We're talking about a 3.8L Engine..

I can attest..The PCV Grommets in the "Help" section for the 5.0L are also crap..

Trust me..Stick to the Motorcraft PCV Grommets for the 3.8L & 5.0L Engines..

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Same here, but mine are on a 2v 4.6L - been there for years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts