TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
My best friend went to see it at midnight. He obviously didn't spoil it for me, but he said that it was better than Empire.....and that's saying A LOT since that's his favorite movie of all time.

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a friend who said Ep. 3 was to predictable and cliche, I was like WTF, of course it was predictable, there are three movies already made that take place after this one, what were you expecting, anakin to not turn into Darth Vader...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
NtenseTbird said:
of course it was predictable
And some of that predictability helped. When the sabres came on for the duel, you knew what was going to happen so it made it even more important. Then the breathing, the naming of the kids... The wife was crying and I was getting close. heh.

Although they should have cut out some parts of the movie and added more "turning", the full change just happened too quick IMO.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i dont know, maybe its just me. i'm not not the whole star wars thing and i really dont understand why people obsess over it. this isnt directed at anyone here, but to the weirdos that are like 40 something years old and skipped work yesterday to dress up like their favorite character and sit outside a movie theatre all day. to them i'd just like to say get a life and grow up.

ok now that i got that out of my system, i agree with the other guy who said Sin City was the best movie so far this year. Jessica Alba is smokin hott.

Frank

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
i dont know, maybe its just me. i'm not not the whole star wars thing and i really dont understand why people obsess over it. this isnt directed at anyone here, but to the weirdos that are like 40 something years old and skipped work yesterday to dress up like their favorite character and sit outside a movie theatre all day. to them i'd just like to say get a life and grow up.
Frank
:zwthstpd:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
the weirdos that are like 40 something years old and skipped work yesterday to dress up like their favorite character and sit outside a movie theatre all day.
While I'm certainly not about to stand in line or dress up for any movie, how is it really different than skipping work to drive hours away to hang out with a bunch of other people with similar "Point A to Point B" devices? ;)

We all have our hobbies that we do strange things for, some just have different tastes than others.

·
Super Moderator
3,594 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
While I'm certainly not about to stand in line or dress up for any movie, how is it really different than skipping work to drive hours away to hang out with a bunch of other people with similar "Point A to Point B" devices? ;)

We all have our hobbies that we do strange things for, some just have different tastes than others.

No doubt.

I'm certainly glad I don't live my life based on what other people think is cool and what's not cool.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
Seems like an appropriate time to bust this out:
triumph

i haven't seen it yet. I may, I may not. i dunno. I think I'm going to do like someone has said and wait until the uber-nerds and pre-teens have seen it and then go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts