TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be neat to move my seat controls to the center console, like above/beside the seat buckle. I got this idea because my new leather has NO holes in it, and thought doing this might give a cleaner look.

Yes the wiring is long enough. Ideas? suggestions?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You have to cut your own holes. :) If they cut the holes for you they could be running into problems because not everyone has power on both sides, things of that nature, etc.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Oh by the way, how fun was it putting the headrest leather on? Let me tell you something mine were about half the size, try fitting that on. LOL.

·
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okcbird said:
You have to cut your own holes. :) If they cut the holes for you they could be running into problems because not everyone has power on both sides, things of that nature, etc.

-Josh
I know I will need to cut holes....I know exactly how I would do it. I want personal opinions!

I've been working on my seats about an hour per day, so I have the entire rear seat done, and have started doing the fronts. I'm posting this now becuase I haven't cut the holes for the seat controls yet.

bmac said:
Why don’t you put them in the center console?
Read the post again! I'm thinking about it, but not sure if it would create problems....ford did put them on the seat for a reason....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Oh no problem, I'm doing the same thing GreenBird, working on them a little bit at a time, it just gets to frustrating trying to do it all at once.

So far I have the passenger side done. I'm going to begin work on the rear part today and hopefully leatherseats.com got my rear bottom piece back in today from having it redone.

And what is up with that guy recommending that you put them in the center console? Isn't that what you said in your post. LOL.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't mention this, but I recovered my SC seats front and back in 2-3 hours. Now that was moving!
And no I am not giong to post pics of the interior because as soon as I do, Mager Thom will post his and my old leather will look lke crap next to his brand new interior job!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Excellent idea putting them on the console. Couple of concerns though.

Are you changing the switches?

I think Ford may have put them there for safety reasons. What if the GF happens to bump them when shes climbing over or ...you know...:D Or your driving and the passenger decides to mess with you. Maybe a lockout could be an idea.

·
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bmac said:
Dont mind me GreenBird I'm must of been smoking that day???:confused:;)
heheh...I know what you mean.....heheh
today too? heheh......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts