TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok today sucked really bad.... i got a ticket for doing approx 52 in a 35mph zone and i was given a lil pink piece of paper with $160.00 written on it so i went right over to the court house to talk with the district attorney who suggested that i go see the clerk of court and pay for it..... later i find out that i will still recieve 2 points on my license... i have an uncle thats a state trooper but hes at the academy being an a** ***** and he wont pick up his phone... so is there any way you know of to not make my insurance rate go up 45%... by the way this is my first ticket and i have never attended a driving clinic

Thanks in advance,
Tyler
greencurse

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
greencurse said:
so is there any way you know of to not make my insurance rate go up 45%... by the way this is my first ticket and i have never attended a driving clinic

I dont know exactly how they do it in your state, but in AZ, if you havent attended "driving school" within the last 3 years or so (something like that), you can attend and the incident will removed from your record (insurance company wont hear about it).

So, if thats the case in your state, I suggest you pay your fine and attend driving school.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i still attend driving court even tho i was advised to pay the ticket and did???

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
greencurse said:
can i still attend driving court even tho i was advised to pay the ticket and did???
If you already paid the ticket then you pled guilty and the case has been settled. If you wanted to dispute it or settle differently you would've had to go to court.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
pay a lawyer to handle it for you!! you might pay them the same as the ticket but your insurance wont go up for three years.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got a ticket a couple months ago for 57 in a 35. Basically set a court date right there. Talked to the prosecutor and requested a "deferral". I didn't really want to but I kind of had to. Basically what happens is you pay like a hundred extra and as long as you stay clean (no more moving violations) for a year, your insurance doesn't find out and you take no points. Downfall: if you do happen to get another violation, the deferral will terminate and you will have to pay for both tickets, take points for both if applicable and insurance finds out about both. I don't know if they offer it there and if you already paid for it it'd be kinda pointless. But I figured it would be worth looking into if it happens again.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
here if we get a ticket we can get it dismissed by taking the defensive driving class, we can do it once a year, upside is you don't pay the whole cost of the ticket, i forget which part you end up paying, it's either the fine itself without court costs, or the court costs minus the fine, a while back i got busted for 78 in the 55 and ended up only paying about 80-90 bux including the the class which was 25 bux, and got a squeeky clean driving record. ;)

the judge was really nice about it too, she said if i would have been doing just 3 mph less she would have dimissed it as a first offense, no fine, no nothin, and would have costed me zilch. i guess i lucked out the sheriff didn't write it up as a 78 in the 45 since when i stopped i was just a carlength past the 55 mph speed limit sign, lol.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
yup.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks im now looking in to "driving school"

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
defensive driving course, you can even rent the video and get it done that way, at least here, dunno about where your at, :)

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
i dont know how many times we can do it here in IL, a friend of mine was there for the 8hr class 4 times in like 6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
dude Tyler.. once you have paid the ticket man I you are settled. the driving clinic will just remove points of fyour license but from what i understand you can only get into the driving clinic with 7 points on your license unless you opt for the driving clinic BEFORE you pay the fine. Like i said dude I think you are screwed... and if you have full coverage I hope you have state farm.. they aren't too bad about insurance. I pay 150 a month. Have 3 tickets, and 2 accidents :) I'm surprised I still have insurance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've gotten like 5 or 6 tickets in NC. What you should have done is not listened to the damn D.A. You shouldn't have paid the ticket, because that's pleeding guilty. You need to get a lawyer. I got a lawyer for all of my tickets and they all got thrown out. It might be expensive, but it will keep your insurance down and no points.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts