TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the MP3 craze has begun to slow down......barely, but there is now a big market out there, and prices are down.
What is truly the best?
Ipod? Creative Zen? Toshiba?
I'm looking for a 60gb Video/Music. No pictures/Radio/etc., JUST music/video.
What does everyone have? What's the best?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I’m not sure about reliability or such, but Ipod has THE MOST support for accessories that you will probably want. Such as "docks", connecting to head units, bragging rights etc.

Ipod is like the standard for mp3 players.

My next mp3 player will def be an Ipod, mainly for the head unit connectivity.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
zune? but i think tose are 30 gig, and have an fm tuner and junk

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i like my 2g Nano i got in '05. im a very picky listener and the 2g is enough. Also, my Alpine CDA-9857 is iPod "full speed" i just plug in the ipod and it reads the files through the headunit.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I prefer the Creative Labs stuff myself. They're really flexible, and compatible with lots of files. I've always had good luck with them (I've got two from them) and I really don't like iTunes. Maybe they've loosened up some, but the last iPod I messed with only let you connect to one computer...if you tried to connect to a different one, it empties your library and only allows items from the new computer. Also, doesn't support wma's, so I had two copies of everything (converted my library and imported converted files to iTunes). I'm certainly no expert though, so take my words for what they're worth....about .02

Mike

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm actually looking at getting the Toshiba Gigabeat 60 gig model. roughly $250 but it is rated really high. The only down side like David_viny said IPod has the market locked down on accesories. I have been researching MP3 players for about a week now and I have found out some good info from Cnet.com find a couple of models/brands that you are looking at and then look them up on there. Thats what I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts