TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket MPG guages? It would be neat if we could monitor the gas consumption on the fly.

·
Registered
510 Posts
J.C Whitney used to sell them (about everything they sell is a joke). All they are is a vacuum gauge. I wonder if jc whitney is still in business. When I was a kid I used to think the jc whitney catalog was a grown up comic book. It's all junk!

W.Cup

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they're not very accurate at all, huh?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
They are around. They have cheap prices but the qaulity of most stuff is also very cheap. If you want something that will last and actually do what it is supposed to then either pick a name brand or go somewhere else the JC_W.

Didn't the Mark VIIIs have that type of meter in the car to measure stuff like MPG and how many miles (and gallons) you have left on gas? (I dont think it would be a fun job to try and transfer something like that from a MK8. I just know someone will ask though so getting my thought in early on the opinion of it must be a pain).

-Shawn

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'd loe to do that sort of mod to my car if someone knew how to do it. I'd try to pioneer it myself, but I have neither money nor any idea where to start. :)

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
the ford digital gauges in my cougar have horrible gas mileage readout. It says i got 16.5 mpg on a tank i recently had.....then how did i get 360 miles out of it?? The best way......use the old trip meter and a calculator.

Kyle

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ChromeTip said:
the ford digital gauges in my cougar have horrible gas mileage readout. It says i got 16.5 mpg on a tank i recently had.....then how did i get 360 miles out of it?? The best way......use the old trip meter and a calculator.

Kyle
Yeah, but it would be nice if I had a guage to kinda give me a little heads up.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
well i know for a fact that the lexus gauges have a mpg gauge in them, maybe there's an aftermarket one for them that could explain how it hooks up, and then use that info to find one/make one for the mn12

Kyle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts