TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my power kick. I had the 3 cats cut off and replaced with pipe the first two are intact. The last to had 02 eliminators plugged into them and eliminated(out of the way) The rest is a dual inlet terminator muffler to a single 3inch out pipe that is split after the rear to dial 2 1/4 tips. it sounds bad ***. anyways I went froma best mpg of 21 maybe 22 if I'm lucky on long trips; too kinda dinking aroung and babied long trips that now get 22.5 to 23.7 MPG? Are our cars that resyricted? or am I just seeing a longer trips I got a 340 and a 370 mil per tanks the last two times.

I like this. Might have to sell my 94 Geo I bought for millage. ic an't afford insurance on all 3 cars I own now. What abput headers? would they help on mpg if your a good boy ?? I assume youll get 20-25 hp but milage will probably stay or lessen when my big lead foots hits the pedal. Any body else with similar results????

What brand of headers (I know JBA's suck)

·
Registered
16 Posts
So your just runnin that one muffler? I have been debating on whether to cut off my two muff's or just cut all the cats out and leave the muff's, what would you suggest? And What are the benifits of one and the other?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know if you have vehicle inspections in your neck of the woods but around here they won't inspect if there is any obvious change to the exhaust system. Starting in July we (North Carolina) will also have to undergo an emission check. Now for the bad part, if the Feds catch you, the fines can go to $10,000.00. You are on your own -- Good luck Mr. Phelps!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
sssh what the smog nazis dont know wont hurt , besides that car is clean enough to pass a snifier test. in il that car would just be a plug n play for test anyhow .

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure if they test here although it don't smoke stink or run bad at all I know it goes. Now to just get my chip burned for my larger TB upper plenum and MAF. I have cold plugs to go in ti. Unrestricted intake and underdrives. with the pipes it sounds bad ***

·
Registered
635 Posts
With the mods that i have....and i cut off my mufflers and put pipe back there to make it look stock. but with that, on a long trip, i got 26.9999 mpg. But around town i seem to only get 16 at most. I wanna get some pulleys and see if that helps me around town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts