TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've noticed this a while ago but never really mentioned it around here, but here goes. I noticed my speedo has off when I kept running by those radar signs that flash your speed up as you pass. All the others cars I drive match perfectly with the signs while my 96 Cougar was off by about 4 mph. Strange thing was that my odometer was dead on and I tested it multiple times to be certain of it. Even weirder is that if I hook up my ScanGuage II and get the mph reading right from the computer it is about 4 mph less than on the speedo (basically the reading from the ECU is the correct speed while the dash speedo’s is 4 mph too fast.)

Has anyone ever had a similar problem or know a way of fixing it. It’s not really a big deal and probably a good thing is some ways since it stops me from speed as much lol. It is sust a different problem that I’ve never really heard of anyone else having in the past and am truthfully very curious about.

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes, I noticed...

Just, a 2mph higher reading on my 96 t-bird LX. Never, said any thing to anyone as it was so small. I also used it as a safty net for speed limit speed traps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts