TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have lost my grandmother 2 years ago and an aunt last year to cancer. One of my coworkers (he has an audio studio in our building) is currently battling it, and his wife just had successful breast cancer surgery. Read their updates at http://www.buddyp.com .

My little ones all grew up with his caring and gentle ways.
And anotherone leaves the heighborhood... bye Mr. Rogers.
Peace be with you.
:angel2:

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Thats one of the most saddening things i have heard in a long time. Mr. Rogers tought me alot while growing up. Watching him, Bob Ross, and Mr. Wizard is what got me though most of my adolescant years and I came out knowing alot ahead of the game. He will be sorely missed.

A 12 trolley bell salute goes out to you Mr. Rogers. May you rest in peace in all of our hearts and minds forever.:usa: He was a truly great American

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street were my preschool and elementary school shows.
So sad... :(
At least there will be re-runs for my son to watch.

~*~ Molly

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
And I qote,

"Its such a good feeling to know your alive
Its such a happy feeling your growing inside
and when you wake up really to say....I think I''ll make
a snappy new day (snapps fingers twice)
Its such a good feeling the feeling you know that
I'll be back when the day is new and Ill have more ideas(point to your head) for you (point away from u)...and you'll have things you'll want to talk about I will to.
You make each day such a special day by just your being you and there is no one like you and that makes you special."

Its amazing I still know that off the top of my head. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very sad day.:(

My mom ran a daycare so I grew up in one. I watch Mr. Rogers well into my teens years. Kids of all ages and generation love that show.

I he will be missed dearly.

:xpcry:

·
Registered
133 Posts
What a waste, everyone has to die sometime but he was a good man. One of the few shows I used to watch as a kid (maybe because there were only three channels) but anyway a good man who deserves the best. Best wishes to him and his family.

·
Registered
529 Posts
anyone know why he wore the long sleeved sweater?? I do :D

·
Registered
801 Posts
i used to watch him everyday man, i loved the train part most of all. R.I.P Mr. Rogers!!!!!!!! why did he were the sweater??????????? :confused:

CamellionCat :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
ASSASYN said:
To cover the tatoos?

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
ASSASYN said:
Because a shortsleeve sweater would just look silly??

Seriously though, we need more people like him. I dont think I've ever cried when I heard about a "celebrity," but I certainly teared up yesterday.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
For most of us, there never was a world without Mr. Rogers. The world always seemed ok whenever he was on tv, whether I was 4 or 24. RIP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts