TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some thoughts on doing this to my 97. MDS ignition, Coil packs, and I believe there is one more box that needs to be installed for this. Anyone that has done this your input and experiance(s) would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if the hp improvements are worth the $.

Not going to put it in until I get my 180 stat, 22c plugs and MAF installed which will occur when I take it in for the SCT chip installation and tuning. But if I do this installation of the MSD setup want it in before the tune obviously.

Mods that are currently on the car are:

02 GT pi cams
pi intake
accufab plenum and 70TB
FRPP wires
03 Marauder TC
99 GT valve body with full J Mod
M8 Driveshaft
Addco 1 1/4 front and 1 1/8 rear sways
all poly bushings
Bilstein shocks
Kuhmo kh11 235/60/16
JBA headers
2.5 true dual exhaust
FRPP pullies

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question about this comes from a gentlemen that had it done to his 97 including the coil packs and he said it gave him 75hp. I don't believe that but am interested in trying the setup, but would like some notes if I could from anybody that has tried it on the 4.6L. Might have to go ask the Stang Bangers I guess.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
BirdofPrey97 said:
Nobody knows anything about MSD for the 4.6L?
the factory ignition is just fine. The MSD packs are rebadged OE packs. Yeah, they look cool, but dont do much. The MSD DIS-4 has a history of failures with the tach adaptor, BTW, you need 2 of them. I dont think its worth the 400+$. I have the MSD wires and be likin them. They fit on the plugs much better than my old 9mm Motorsport wires.

Stick with what works....

I do beleive JL runs OE coil packs, if it works for him, it works for me.

joseph

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
the dis-4 is hardly worth the money. gains will be minimal if any at all. definitly can spend the $400+ on something more worth while. if you want 75 horsepower for $400 look into a nitrous kit.

frank

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, SCT and Dyno are the next steps just want to make sure I have everything in order before thats done. Intake is the last piece I am playing with.

180 Stat and 22c plugs are sitting here waiting for the right MAF either 02 or the 80mm I currently have and the $ to pay for the tune and chip.

Thanks for the info!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts