TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD (2-25)...okay to delete post.

I've have a nearly new MSD distributor that I'm no longer using because I switched to a differnt style MSD distributor when adding a crank trigger and using a standalone computer. This is a direct replacement for 91-93 MN12 with 5.0 HO motors.

$100 shipped free (UPS ground) to the lower 48 states. It's the same as the one shown in this link. PM me if interested.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-8455/

David

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm interested but when I looked up a distributor for my car it came up with the 8456 for the bird/cougar ??? I just bought all the other ignition stuff but a new distributor was a little too much. A used one though is affordable. Like I said I'm interested just curious as to why the different part # ??

Edit: And the application chart lists that one as the 94-95 5.0

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested but when I looked up a distributor for my car it came up with the 8456 for the bird/cougar ??? I just bought all the other ignition stuff but a new distributor was a little too much. A used one though is affordable. Like I said I'm interested just curious as to why the different part # ??

I will pull my paperwork from Summit and double check the part number...I know that it is a direct replacment for the MN12 5.0 because that's what I used it for. I'm am not a 100% on the part number, but I thought it was the same as used on the 94-95 Mustang 5.0, but I could be mistaken about that.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Checked some of my old post here asking about the correct part numbers before I ordered, and 8455 is the correct distrubitor for an MN12 w/5.0 HO..see this post for more info.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=38903&highlight=MSD+pro+billet+distributor

David

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you have already used this in an mn12 5.0 HO engine then pm me your paypal and consider it sold!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts