TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just halfshafted my F150 70mm tb tonight, I cant wait to instal it along with a ported upper intake elbow. I have read it is difficult to reinstal the tps, any tips?

Will

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(shakes head at lowly halfshafted 65mm throttle bodies):D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the truck tb, I have a ported and grinded upper intake elbow, and I have halfshafted the truck tb(people are doing this with the stock tbs)

Do I put my tps on the F150?

Thanks
Will

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
It's pointless to get a 70mm tb if you've got a stock 94-95 intake. A halfshafted 65mm is perfect for everyone who's not touched their intake.

It looks like you've got a little more room to improve on your elbow J.Miller ;)

-Thomas

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thomas said:
It's pointless to get a 70mm tb if you've got a stock 94-95 intake. A halfshafted 65mm is perfect for everyone who's not touched their intake.

It looks like you've got a little more room to improve on your elbow J.Miller ;)

-Thomas
For $16 why not? Yeah, thats not my pic but i need to put the finishing touches on the elbow:D

Will

·
8,978 Posts
Will3799 said:
I have the truck tb, I have a ported and grinded upper intake elbow, and I have halfshafted the truck tb(people are doing this with the stock tbs)

Do I put my tps on the F150?

Thanks
Will
Had your elbow been cut and welded? If those dimples are still there (regardless of how big) it will never flow as much as a HS'd 70mm will.

You put the tps on by putting it on with the harness pointing down, then twist it up so it's pointing to the front of the car. You'll feel a little tension on it. Then adjust the voltage to ~.96V at idle.

-Thomas

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And b/c I halfshafted that I am even getting more air. Not necessary now but for the future;)

·
8,978 Posts
Will3799 said:
And b/c I halfshafted that I am even getting more air. Not necessary now but for the future;)
what's in the future? A HS'd 65mm almost requires a few mods to help you any. You really have to see a 94-95 intake compared to a PI, you'll know why I'm preaching it. The flow of a 94-95 intake is not enough to justify a HS'd 70mm. I'll bet my HS'd 65mm flows the same or more than a 70mm.
-Thomas

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing in the immediate future but I may try to go in the direction of Hans Solo and a few others with 13s with the 94/5 intake. Next on the adjenda is 5 speed for next summer. I cant think about that yet, I need to pay my tuition.

Should there be a noticible differece from my stock elbow and tb to my ported elbow and halfshafted F150 70mm tb?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thomas said:

Had your elbow been cut and welded? If those dimples are still there (regardless of how big) it will never flow as much as a HS'd 70mm will.

-Thomas
Yep, thanks to Rob

·
8,978 Posts
Will3799 said:
Should there be a noticible differece from my stock elbow and tb to my ported elbow and halfshafted F150 70mm tb?
Deffinetely, your throttle response will suck.

BTW, get on AIM, I added you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts