i want to see'em

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yeah I like those 2! I'm a big fan of turn downs! Has a nice clean look Darren

·
Super Moderator
9,319 Posts
Darren, do you feel like sharing what kind of tips those are and for how much/where you got them? ... I'm having a bit of difficulty locating 2.5" turndowns to use for when I do my exhaust. :zdunno:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,319 Posts
Darn, I was afraid of something like that. I guess the hunt is on!

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Thanks Bud . Yep your right about the hanging in the correct spots & the turn downs , This has been a great setup for me. Should be a bit better now with the ported manifolds :)

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Not the best one, but the best I could find.

Flowmaster 40's, unsure of tip size but am guessing 2.5". It was on the car when I bought it.

-Melon

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
You all suck...

Those are all sweet rides! :thumbsup: Seriously, I can't wait to get my project finished (or as close as it's gonna get). I still haven't decided what I'm gonna do with my exhaust, but I hope for something that looks great (to me anyways)!

I kinda like this look (I know it's not a 'Bird, but I think it might look good if done well under one):

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
3 inch Magnaflow stanless tips, 3 inch Dynomax Bullets.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i personally only like pipes coming straight back past the rear bumper if the bumper has cutouts. otherwise i like the turndown non visible look.

To me when the exhaust is just sitting under the bumper without a cutout it looks added and not stock. It looks almost like an exhaust that you would find on a truck.

just my .02

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
My thoughts exactly ice! U can't c my exhaust or my turn downs

·
Super Moderator
12,088 Posts
I like straight pipes with tips. U can c my exhaust and my tips. :D :tongue:

Turn downs restrict flow. What's the point of having a large mandrel bent exhaust if just as the exhaust leaves the exhaust system you throw another 45° or 90° turn at it as it enters your nicely tucked, unseen, mufflers and then another 45° or 60° turn as it exits the muffler?

Of course, you can always just turn the exhaust loose early like 392Bird up there. :thumbsup: very nice!

Meh, to each their own. That's what makes the world go 'round ...

·
Registered
623 Posts

Turn downs restrict flow. What's the point of having a large mandrel bent exhaust if just as the exhaust leaves the exhaust system you throw another 45° or 90° turn at it as it enters your nicely tucked, unseen, mufflers and then another 45° or 60° turn as it exits the muffler?

Of course, you can always just turn the exhaust loose early like 392Bird up there. :thumbsup: very nice!

Meh, to each their own. That's what makes the world go 'round ...
I totally agree with you, if your gunna spend the money on a full exhaust setup then then take it straight back.

All im saying is, if your gunna go straight back and have the tips showing you should first make cutouts in your bumper to accommodate for them. That way it doesn't look like a add on. If that makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
17,054 Posts

Yeah yeah yeah ...Fix your corner lights!!! lol

1 - 20 of 48 Posts