TCCoA Forums banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts
good lord riiiiccceeeerrrrr
:eek::confused::uppoint::rofl::thumbsd::zpuke:
and WTF is with the stupid stuffed animals being hung from the bumper **** is as dumb as the guys that put the balls on their tow hitches.

and you do realize you loose power by gutting cats as it disrupts the exhaust flow
OMG i didn't even see the stuff animal until u said so this is hilarious lol

Discussion starter · #103 ·
I had my mufflers cut and it wasnt bad at all. Not as good as I would have liked it, but I still loved reving it up here and there.
Yeah, Since I am gonna be selling my bird, I plan on getting one when I go back home to MS and doing a 96/97 body and swapping the front clip to a 94/95. That way: better engine, better workstation and not as much hassle. Hopefully. But after running no mufflers for the past few weeks, I would have to say that I definetely want to get some good mufflers to slap on with my next try. Probably cherry bombs.

Think it happened sometime in 07, the club really started going downhill fast since then.

Its sad...I learned so much from this website back in the day about these mn12's...now I just see crap about blowing cats out with pressure washers...

Is there some sort of hidden forum on here that all the real tech advice is? somewhere that the average idiot cannot get into?

Discussion starter · #107 ·
Lol at the cat guttin pressure washer. If there is a hidden tech advice forum, please, show me the way lol. I say, make me a mod and I'll go through deleting the stuff that isn't pertinent to tech (in the tech forum) and weed out the answered questions. I could have it done in a day.

Rice.

Domestic rice...

Wtf happened to TCCOA while ive been off in mustang land? I'm gone for like 2 years and tccoa has been over run with riced out suprabirds? sigh...:rolleyes:

XD
XD

Suprabird!!!

Hey gents, not to hijack this but, was looking to do the same thing, and, if I'm reading everyone right, the tone with a stock exhaust minus nothing more than mufflers is a constant drone?!?? Is it really that nasty? I'm at the point that I really cant afford to kick the bulk of the current stock setup out of there but would love a fatter sound than stock... I recently heard a hi-hp stang w/ a muffler delete option, was awesome. Now, I know it's comparing apples/oranges... Anyone here got a you tube post to direct me to? most all the links here are sadly gone...

Let me also ask those who have done the muffler delete an gone w/ straight pipe/tips,
I found a few u tube vids that seem to show a good portion of this mod backfiring/reporting thru the exhaust after a tap to the throttle as it winds back down, like a rice burner that needs a tune... Is that what I can expect if I pull the mufflers? I hate that crap... its evil...

I hate the sound of cars with no mufflers. I ran my Bird with no mufflers or cats for 2 months when I first got it because I bought it that way and didnt have money for Flows. I hated it and it sounded like crap. Then I put Flows on it and it sounded much better, it was still loud but in a good way.

I hate the sound of cars with no mufflers. I ran my Bird with no mufflers or cats for 2 months when I first got it because I bought it that way and didnt have money for Flows. I hated it and it sounded like crap. Then I put Flows on it and it sounded much better, it was still loud but in a good way.
I figured. I dont want it to be obnoxious, and I cant STAND that floppy backpressure crap, it's just I hate the idea of clamping **** in place, I dont weld, and the bastids around here want like, 600 just to purchase and weld up 2 flows and some tips... no lie. Thats insane, when it used to cost me like 2 an change to get a straight full dual setup years ago... I dunno... I'm stuck making a decision on this yet....

Wow my exhaust shop only charges 30 bucks to hang a muffler, per muffler. Also they are dealers for Flowmaster so they are pretty cheap on those. And my cousin owns it so I get the "family discount" lol.
I swear man, My eye fell outa my skull when he hit me w/ that, and most of the other joints I called around to were just as bad. I realize steel has gone up, but... damn..
I didnt look at your setup yet, did you use Flows that fit in the original space or do something else like the mid mufflr setup I keep seeing?

When I first got my Bird it was all straight pipes all the way back. Someone had cut all cats and the resonator and replaced them with pipe. I just welded Flows where the factory mufflers were, simple as that.
Yea, I've been away from here about a year... I'm playing catch-up a bit on this post and elsewhere and I see quite a few guys such as yourself claiming that 'after a while' it needed mufflers again... I generally have the stereo cranked but I'm also concerned as I've read that certain rpm ranges sound better than others, and I'd hate to waste the time cutting and installing straight pipe/tips only to have it sound like ass most of the time with an occasional pleasing tone here and there... ugggghhhh... I gotta find me a local welder.... lol!
If it's off the top of your head, do you remember the part # on the flows? if not no biggie, I'll go dig around here.. I'm sure it's been repeated 100 times...

101 - 120 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.