TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told I lost a lot of torque from deleting my mufflers. Is this true??
Should I just throw on some turbo mufflers or flowmasters or something??

I like that low rpm torque and want to keep it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I wouldnt think you lost anything really. I removed mine before I went with the ART system and didnt really notice much difference. Id say if anything its a weight saving issue, not so much a power gain. :)

If you were to remove the resonator and the cats, then I would say your asking for problems. My advice it save your money and get a real dual exhaust system put on (high flow cats and mufflers). If your just looking for sound you can get the dynomax or flowmaster setup but dont expect alot of gain from it.

Good Luck.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
I just rescently hacked mine off and didn't notice any decrease in torque. If there is any, it's not really noticable. The 3 cat's make enough back presure to keep things right!

;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jason, if you are reffering to what i told you last friday, yo umust have mistook what i said. You lose low end torque because of a small backpressure build up of what the mufflers had. But Mufflers are there to muffle the sound, not to increase back pressure considerably. You probably lost maybe 2-3 Ft lbs of torque, but its probably gained in the 3-5HP that you get at higher RPMS. Well its time for me to go home now....:D :D :D :D :D :D Its 7:00 work is over.

Mike

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its cool, didnt misunderstand anything. Thanks for the advice though, just was hoping I didnt do anything drastic. Thanks everyone. Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts