TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a article for hacking off the mufflers. Currently I have pics of all the parts required (pipes, clamps, tips, hangers, etc). Then I took pics of where to cut the mufflers at. I also went ahead and took video of the startup, short revving, and revving/holding at 3000 rpm of the bird with mufflers, and without. Now I just have to piece together some html. Anything I missed?

·
Registered
294 Posts
why not just throw the images and the writeup in here?

i know I'm very interested, I'm sure others are :D

·
Registered
955 Posts
no, i cut mine on my SC and it actually sounds like a cobra.!!! seriously

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
no, i cut mine on my SC and it actually sounds like a cobra.!!! seriously
thats spoken like a true ricer.... lol. but.. i always have needed a tutorial on changing the oil filter too............. *cough* porky *cough*

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
here's a write-up:

1 - hack off mufflers
2 - drive to exhaust shop
3 - have exhaust guy weld on piping that extends to the rear bumper
4 - " " " " fab up some quick hangers
5 - throw him $20

how about a tech article on how to pump gas, too?

·
Super Moderator
12,258 Posts
here's a write-up:

1 - hack off mufflers
2 - drive to exhaust shop
3 - have exhaust guy weld on piping that extends to the rear bumper
4 - " " " " fab up some quick hangers
5 - throw him $20

how about a tech article on how to pump gas, too?
LOL :uppoint:

Or put air in the tires?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i would the ratio is somewhere close to the compression of an n/a 3.8... but either way....

·
Registered
519 Posts
dont forget to mention the part that says "just cutting off the mufflers is going to sound like poo" cause it does.
It does sound weird ill admit. It sounds better than stock yes. Its all opinion so dont argue that guys. It sounds alittle weird if your like 50% throttle it will drone some. I had true 2.25 inch duals on my last 4.6 bird and no cats or mufflers, that sounded real nice, but alittle too loud.

Cutting off the mufflers is a fine mod. I actually got some top end HP from it im sure (only on V8 or SC will you likely see gain). Dont tell me that is BS either, show me a real race car with a muffler, you're not gonna find one. Before doing this my 95LX would loose to my 94LX to 60mph. Now the 95LX gets almost a fender on the 94LX by 60mph.

a stock V8 tbird sounds like an anorexic vaccum cleaner going down the road!
Thankfully now i do not need new muffler bearings b/c i dont have mufflers.
I got new synthetic brake light fluid and my brakelights look like red hids now! I would suggest Motorcraft 4W-20 for all tbirds brake light fluid ;)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
my point was that you can midmount something (magnaflow, dynomax bullet, ets) that will sound good instead of just cutting off the mufflers which sounds like azz.

·
Super Moderator
12,258 Posts
:rolleyes: I guess he forgot to add the wheelie bar. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think we all know that hacking off the mufflers isn't the greatest exhaust mod, but it is the cheapest. If you're going to be a cheap-ass and hack off your mufflers, why go to an exhaust shop and pay for welds and then throw the guy $20? You can do the whole job yourself with clamps for $20. I did it to mine to hold me over till I get my exhaust done the right way.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts