TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to change the muffler on my xr7 and make it sound like a classic muscle car i was gunna put delta flow 40's or flowtech warlock race muffler, i wanted to remove resonators, but the 3rd cat i dont know about, can i pass california smog without it? has anyone gotten tested without the 3rd cat what do u guys recommend....
And if i do leave the 3rd cat and change the muffler will it be too quiet, will there be enough room for a mid mounted muffler?
ALSO WHAT DO UL GUYS THINK ABOUT THE WARLOCK MUFFLER BY FLOWTECH HOW DOES IT SOUND, LOUD, NICE ,QUIET, please give me ur input guys.

Paul

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
you should pass emissions without the third cat my of us pass it with no problem, two cats should do

removing the third cat will do little difference in sound but you'll feel the difference when its removed, i did

If you're not replacing the rest of the pipes go with a 2.25 inner/outer and a offset inlet and center outlet, oh and make sure that the shop knows how to make a good y-pipe if they don't already have one pre-made

flowtech mufflers are ok, my suggestion is to go with magnaflows, completly flow-thru design

and.... Welcome to the forums!!!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You will nto pass the visual without the third cat. My car doesn't hav ethe third cat but I haven't tested without it yet so I don't know if it will pass. I replaced my third cat with a mid mounted muffler so yes it will fit. If you want midmounted I would put one after the third cat in the same spot as the resonator.

-Miller

1 - 5 of 5 Posts