TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm debating on borla, bassani, or spintech. Yes, just those three please just give me opinions on those three as that's the ones that I'm partial to.

So what's the ups and downs of each?

This is all on my 97 mark viii.

Thanks guys

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
borla

cuz they are better than the others.. if you had magnaflow, i'd of said them.. but borla if ya got the cash

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well, I'm really debating as to weither I want to spend the money. I know the quality of borla, but the sound isn't quite what I want. I'd like something that sounds deeper. You know, more like a push rod engine. Which is very hard to do with a 4.6. And the magnaflow's sound good, but I like to be different.

I think I'm leaning more to the spintech's or the new cherry bomb's. Although they aren't the quality at least they have the more aggressive sound.

Unless I can figure out which muffler borla uses on their "stinger" exhaust kits. That muffler sounds really sexy on a 4.6.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Look into the Edelbrock mufflers....the SDT ones.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
know where I can hear some at?
no....but I have the older Edelbrock mufflers on my 95(the ones I'm running are not the sdt's....they are a non chambered muffler..

I can post a link to how they sound if you want..

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Avoid the dynomax "ultraflow X" dual in and out, it has a crossover built in that will choke the system.

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
borla

cuz they are better than the others.. if you had magnaflow, i'd of said them.. but borla if ya got the cash
+1

I like the Borla's too. They'd be my choice.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well, I think I'm going to go with the cherry bomb's, just because they have the deepest most aggressive sound for the money. And they're cheap enough that if I decide to go with borla's after the new engine is done it won't really hurt my budget.

Which after listening to nearly 50 sound clips and watching video's I've decided that I really need to get the kooks headers and a prochamber to go with the rest of the exhaust. Most exhaust's on 4.6's sound entirely too raspy with an x-pipe or too weak without the rest of the package.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Yea, I’ve noticed that the x pipe cars do sound a little raspy for my taste. I def like the H pipe exhausts I’ve heard. It’s hard to compare different exhaust systems though because just about everyone’s exhaust is different.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
listen

http://www.cherrybomb.com/sound-pad.html

I'm buying the extreme's. Tell me what you think. Honestly. I just don't think I'll get the sound out of the borla's until the rest of the exhaust is built. And that's not going to be until the motor and trans are done. So...I'm going to give them a try.

And for those of you who don't know....cherry bomb makes mufflers now.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
http://www.cherrybomb.com/sound-pad.html

I'm buying the extreme's. Tell me what you think. Honestly. I just don't think I'll get the sound out of the borla's until the rest of the exhaust is built. And that's not going to be until the motor and trans are done. So...I'm going to give them a try.

And for those of you who don't know....cherry bomb makes mufflers now.
not bad, I'd be interested in listening to them after you install them on "your" car ;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'll see what I can do. But I'm not too good at this webernetting stuff so I may have to have some help.:rolleyes:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
lemme know if ya need a hand on recording and hosting a sound clip.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok.

I'll post pics and let you know when they're on. And I'm sure I'll need help as I don't have a video recording device.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Why did you decide to not go with the ones from Lincoln Motorsport, or SuperCoupe Performance, since they are setup for the Mark VIII's already?

Just wondering as I'm researching exhaust for my LSC. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Is it just me, or do the sound clips for the Cherrybomb Extreme and Glasspack mufflers for the Mustang sound identical?:confused:

It's just you.

And the reason that I didn't buy the ones from LMS is because well I don't do business with people like Geno. And I'm not impressed with the sound nor the look of the mufflers that he sells.

And the SCP mufflers have that same look. Looks too caddy to me. Not to mention that they sound very generic. Not to knock Bill, as he's a great guy and I've bought lots of things from him. And will buy much more in the future.

And although they say they are "already setup for the mark's" they aren't. They're just generic and have to be welded in just like anything else you buy.

I wish someone would make a "bolt in" exhaust for our cars, but until I can afford a mandrel bender and some classes I don't think it will happen.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Avoid the dynomax "ultraflow X" dual in and out, it has a crossover built in that will choke the system.
Really?
Where did you hear this?

Let me go ask google.....

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Can't find any bad. Help me out Greenbird.

Did find this. I thought our setup was complex.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts