TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be ready to install my new exhaust on my LSC but I have a question.

I will be using the stock Gen II tips and Borla ProXS mufflers. I don't really want the mufflers showing like most people install them. I like the way the stock ones don't really show.

So do I need the inlet/outlet: offset/offset, centered/offset, or centered/centered? :2huh:

I'm using these exhaust kits which I'll have the exhaust shop modify as needed.

This is a photo from the eBay auction:

Which is NOT what I'm looking for. I'm thinking centered/offset with the muffler mounted vertically with the offset outlet toward the bottom and the muffler tucked up in the stock location.

Some photos of Gen II's exhaust setup would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

Sorry for such a long post...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Paint them black with ceramic header coating in a can and they will disapear some.I dont like when you can see them either.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
Get the offset-in / offset-out that way they can be turned up under the car.

I have the offset-in / center-out configuration on mine. You won't be able to do what you want to do with the offset-in / center-out.

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I would think center in/offset out would be the easiest to hide. With offset in and out you would have to bring the in pipe up pretty high to meet up with the muffler, but with center in it would be easier to get the pipe to the inlet, and the have the offset outlet at the bottom with the muffler turned so that it is hidden up in the factory location.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
I would think center in/offset out would be the easiest to hide. With offset in and out you would have to bring the in pipe up pretty high to meet up with the muffler, but with center in it would be easier to get the pipe to the inlet, and the have the offset outlet at the bottom with the muffler turned so that it is hidden up in the factory location.
center in/offset out is not how the muffler is made or designed to operate. That would be installing it backwards.

They may be reversible but I don't think so.

Here's the Borla page showing the different configurations.

http://www.borla.com/proxs/pages/mufflers.php

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang it, you're right. The don't offer a center inlet, offset outlet... :(

I'll have to give them a call and ask if they are reversible (which I kind of doubt).

Wonder what would happen if you went center inlet, dual outlet and plugged one of the outlets? :zwall: (Although the 19” case length worries me…)

Actually what I need is an offset inlet and an offset outlet, where the inlet and outlet are offset to the same side. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
If I were you I'd get the offset-in / offset-out, turn it on it's side and call it a day.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Using 19" mufflers doesn't leave much room for the turn on the pipes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That EBAY kit looks nice. Good mandrels around the gas tank and differential. I wish i could send a good pic of the custom job I did but I can't. We spent a lot of time welding up the 3" mandrel bent tubes to do what that kit already has.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woohoo :znanner:

Borla said:
Thank you for your interest in our products. Yes all of our mufflers are designed to be reversible. If you have any other questions please let me know.
So I'll get the offset inlet/centered outlet and reverse it. I think that will work perfect. :D

And get this: I emailed them today at 10:53 am and received a reply at 11:18 am!!! :beek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts